THE DAY IS UPON US!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's time. The forum migration will occur tomorrow, Wed May 15 2019.

This forum will go silent sometime in the afternoon, and later in the day, the new forum will come to life. Keep checking back and eventually you will be in a brand new world. This post is a final reminder of what you can expect, and how things will progress.

I'll miss this software. vBulletin 3 was the last great release of the company's software. I have worked hard to keep this old girl running. She is lean and mean, and it was fun to write code for her. Aside from coding modifications and database admin and building new features, it's a rare day that I didn't spend a couple hours here. So, 2*365*10 == 7300 hours! Wowee! I've loved (mostly) every minute. :biggrin: The new forum code, Xenforo 2.1, is written by many of the same development team. I'm looking forward to an awesome next 10 years. I'm sure many of you have spend a good deal of your life here too!

Now, here are a few final thoughts:

When we're back, look for a forum named: NEW SITE CHECK-IN AND HELP at the top of the forum list. Stop by there and shout out that you're on. Post a couple photos when you check in, if you can.

My main goal when we get back on the air is to have everyone be able to log on, see everything they normally do, post, PM, and see the old photo gallery. Everything else for the first few days will be gravy.

Everything will be in a different place than you're used to. POKE AROUND! Modern forum software is intended to be intuitive. Hover your mouse, click around, experiment. You can't break anything, and if you find a way to break something, we'll fix it.

Lots of stuff isn't going to work on day 1 (or days 2, 3, 4, 5...) Several things that are known to be broken/missing and need fixing are:

The member list
The member map
The library index
The links manager
Certain types of searches
The Wiki will be off line for a while

They're not really missing or broken, things are just different than we're used to. I do want to replicate some things, though, and that will take time.

There is new stuff that isn't populated yet, such as the "Resource Manager". I'm not even sure how we'll use that, but I've seen some cool uses of it, so we'll figure it out.

YOUR CURRENT PASSWORD WILL WORK. If for some reason you can't get logged on, and if the password reset feature doesn't work for you, send me an email: jcbrown59@gmail.com and I'll manually set your password. If you are head-exploding frustrated, call me: 440-829-1829 and we'll work it out.

I sincerely appreciate your patience while we go through this transition. It's sort of like moving into a new shop. Everything is in boxes, and it takes a little effort to do the simplest things. Bear with us. Things will be really great in a couple weeks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

This is exciting that it's almost here! Jeff, thank you for all of your hard work in the past, present, and future. I think many of us take it for granted that you're here to maintain the site and take care of any issues and don't realize how much you put into keeping this site going and running smoothly.

MDWine

My interest is definitely piqued!
It'll be fun to explore.

Hey JEFF! Thanks a million for all of your hard work (and others that have contributed to the effort), it is GREATLY appreciated!

Lucky2

Jeff, the members list worked for me, that's how I got signed. I tried other ways, but using the members list was the only way I could gain access. The reason I had an issue signing in, was because my e-mail address has been changed. A when trying to sign, the I.A.P. site did not recognize the address I was using. Totally my fault, I should have changed my address before the change-over. I didn't, but I still did not have to try any more then two times to gain access.,,

Len

Top Bottom