The cold front arrived this morning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jjjaworski

The cold front arrived in Southern New Mexico this morning. Temperatures started about 30 degrees at 6AM and shot down to 23 at noon. We are looking at temps in the teens by 4-5PM. This is gonna make for some crummy driving conditions for sure. Still snowing lightly. This is a big event here and no one drives in these conditions very smartly. Glad I have no where to go and can avoid that.

DSCN0515.jpg DSCN0516.jpg DSCN0517.jpg DSCN0518.jpg DSCN0520.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JohnU

We're happy to share some of it with you James! It's been low single digits all week here in IL. Even the shop is too cold to cast in without running the heater for an hours prior, and its in the basement! I've never seen a cactus with snow on it! Would make for a nice Christmas Card next year for you. lol

Dale Lynch

Likewise in nebraska, 5 would feel pretty good if the darn wind would stop.Snow,snow,and more snow,starting to get risky pulling out of the drive with the piles getting higher and higher.

jjjaworski

I saw that the central states have been hit hard by this cold front. I can remember February when I lived in Buffalo, always seemed to be one of the coldest Winter months.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
School buses have been cancelled all week. They only cancel them in our area when the core temperature is -38 or more. My truck hasn't started in a week...cold like this kills the cells.
Just checked tonight's forcast from Environment Canada:
Dangerously cold conditions continue. Temperatures of minus 35 to 40; wind chills of minus 45 to 50.

KenB259

School buses have been cancelled all week. They only cancel them in our area when the core temperature is -38 or more. My truck hasn't started in a week...cold like this kills the cells.
Just checked tonight's forcast from Environment Canada:
Dangerously cold conditions continue. Temperatures of minus 35 to 40; wind chills of minus 45 to 50.

And just like that 10 degrees feels good [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom