The Claddagh Symbol

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

The Claddagh ring is an Irish symbol which signifies love and friendship and loyalty. Irish Claddagh is made of two hands, a heart and a crown – the two hands for friendship, the heart is for love and the crown represents loyalty.

This symbol goes back many years and I won't go into a history lesson but will say I have been making many items in my scrollsawing hobby that incorporated this symbol and have been huge sellers for me over the years. I show an example of a popular clock I make. With that said I am on a crusade of making pens that incorporate everyday items and have not been seen or have rarely been seen. I am in the process of making themed pens using watch parts and other items. In this pen I used a claddagh watch face and watch gears for the cap. The nib portion is a reference to the Irish flag with the green, white and orange colors.

Now I am sure there will be thoughts or critiques on the color differences between cap and body, but I have explained this before I am not a caster that delves into color matching and or creating. I do not have enough supplies to cover the entire color spectrum. You will again see this in my next 3 pens. But my main focus on doing this exercise is to give examples of different pens not seen here before and hopefully others will take the ideas and run with them and expand on the ideas. Maybe you are a caster that can make exact colored blanks or have different themed watch dials that can be used. I have so many and so many ideas to do with them that I never will be able to do everything I want to. But hopefully some get a good feeling from them and want to pursue this avenue. Any comments and questions are always welcomed. If you want to see other photos of pen I can shoot them. I do not like to post too many. We do not need to see every side of a pen we all make them. Thanks for looking.
Copy of IMGP0008.JPG
Copy of IMGP0009.JPG
Copy of IMGP0010.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

OK I took a couple other photos. I hope this is what you wanted to see. I believe you were more interested in the cap than a simple knot but I tried moving that around some too. I only use gears in this watch part pen. Not a fan of all that other stuff.
Copy of IMGP0022.JPG
Copy of IMGP0017.JPG
Copy of IMGP0019.JPG

Top Bottom