The Android Version of the IAP App is Ready!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
If you have a Google Play account, you should now be able to find and download the Android version of our IAP Bushings & Tubes app.

The app should be free for today. We had intended to make the app available for free for at least a couple of weeks, but Google requires that we wait at least 30 days before we can run another "sale". We had to set up a sale so our beta testers could get a free copy; unfortunately, that sale expires this evening and we cannot run another sale until the end of March. It will only be 99 cents once the sale expires.

I want to give a big shout out and express our extreme gratitude to our Android development team: John Webb (jtwebb) and David Green (crokett). They both worked extremely hard to get this done in a very short time.

We welcome your comments & suggestions for improvement.

Enjoy
Jeff, Edgar & the Android Development Team

jtwebb

According the Play Store, the update from beta to production is still pending. I'm not sure how long the updates normally take, but I'm sure it'll be soon. If I notice it done updating, I'll post here unless someone beats me to it :)

chartle

According the Play Store, the update from beta to production is still pending. I'm not sure how long the updates normally take, but I'm sure it'll be soon. If I notice it done updating, I'll post here unless someone beats me to it :)

did you already have the beta version.

thewishman

PLEASE - THE KNIGHTS ARMOR MEASUREMENT IS OFF - IT IS 2.72 NOT 2.66.

I'm sure this is not the place, but I have reported it to several people. It cost me 30+ custom cast blanks and five kits.

jtwebb

As many have found out, the app should be visible to all now. You can search for "penturners" too and it should be the first result.

jtwebb

I'm sure this is not the place, but I have reported it to several people. It cost me 30+ custom cast blanks and five kits.

I know an update to the data is in the works. I'm not sure when, but I hear soon. I know Edgar can speak more to that. With over 1,600 kits, it's a big job.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

I know an update to the data is in the works. I'm not sure when, but I hear soon. I know Edgar can speak more to that. With over 1,600 kits, it's a big job.

Yes, now that the Android app has been rolled out, I will resume working on updates to our data. I am also working on an update to the iOS app for iOS 11. It all takes time. :)
(FWIW, we did get that measurement from the PSI instructions)

jennera

I got it too! Easy to find and installed without any issues. Can't wait to play around with it some more!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member

Just saw this and it now lists for $0.99

Sorry about that- Google only allows us to run a sale for 1 week at a time & then we have to wait 30 days before we can run another. I had to set up an early sale so our beta testers wouldn't have to pay for it. Unfortunately that expired today.

Apple has more flexibility in that regard.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
63 Downloads on Day 1

Our Android version was downloaded 63 times on its first day.

Thanks for your support.

Keep in mind that all proceeds from both the iOS and the Android version go to the IAP. The developers have donated their time and efforts for the benefit of our IAP members.

campzeke

Got it! Super cool. Worth every penny if it were priced at 4.99 even a better deal at .99 cents. Thanks to everyone that contributed to this great tool.

KCW

Just bought it, and it is going to save me so much time. Thank you everyone who worked on this project!

jennera

I have been using the app and haven'
t found any problems, it has been running great! The search is fantastic!

I was wondering what is the best way to report a kit I would like added?

Thanks again for all the work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

gtriever

Quick question : How often is the database updated? There are several items I don't see in there, including Shakespeare, Mistral, and some newer PSI offerings.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
It appears that the database caretaker has stopped making updates. We probably need to discuss how to get it updated and maintained.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
As Jeff noted, the database caretaker has dropped out. I was helping him, so the task has fallen solely to me for the time being. 2018 was a difficult year, so I am way behind on many tasks, including this.

If someone would like to volunteer to help with this task, please let me know. You will need a CSV editor (NOT Excel).

Edgar

Top Bottom