The 24th Pen that I've Made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from George883

George883

This is the 24th pen that I've made. The blank is cross grain Zebra wood with a Glueboost finish. fullsizeoutput_b64.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Very nice. The blank goes well with the components and the fit and finish look great.

Noahsarkk1

Great looking pen. You must be a quick learner for your 24th to turn out so well.
How did you like using the Glu-boost compared to other finishes ( such as CA or a friction polish)? Thanks.

George883

My first two pens were finished with friction polish and looked great but the shine didn't last very long (they were gifts to my granddaughters). I've finished about 6 pens now using Gluboost and the results have been good but I'm too new in the finishing process to say 100% its better. It is easy to use and I like the fact that it doesn't smell. I'm also now testing Zona paper instead of micro mesh with good results. Gluboost is applied with the lathe off and as recommended I'm putting two coats of the blue followed by two coats of the orange. Once dry I wet sand then polish with Plastx (sp).

thomgarner

Beautiful pen George, love the assembly of this pen .... and your turning and fit looks to be very very good ...đź‘Ť

Top Bottom