That’s all folks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Valleyboy

Valleyboy

This is my final post before I leave this forum, but I'll still be hanging out on the UK equivalent so maybe I'll see some of you over there.
As it's my last hoorah I thought I'd make it from my favourite Omas Amber. Yes I've made these before so I'm sorry if it's a bit boring, but I haven't made it with this layout of Amber with sterling accents.
It takes a Bock nib and has 13mm triple lead threads and it closes in 1.5 turns. Pocket clip is chrome plated steel from Beaufort Ink.
Cheers
Ash
2EA406D1-5392-41EC-BE50-A4EBC0544973.jpeg
4F0FE3A1-8D22-4369-93B7-23D104A7B51F.jpeg
4971FD25-97F2-4F91-95B0-31B43CBCD96B.jpeg
56CC3524-2E29-4531-844D-3BFF316CDF67.jpeg
CEDF8EDF-6A3E-4922-9DE5-6047901D3A28.jpeg
998295FB-A542-4653-B52A-3A15D8A66C86.jpeg
1AEC2C86-5CD9-4BAD-89FA-99B161138DE7.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrburls

Sorry to see you leaving the site. You do such beautiful work which is such a pleasure to look at which I'm sure many will agree to.
You will be missed.
Keith

RKB

Ash, Thank you for sharing your work and knowledge with us. Please stop back and share some of your excellent work.

Rod

KMCloonan

Ash,

I too am sorry to hear you are leaving - I hope it's not something we said.... Take care, and maybe pop in occasionally to share one of your beautiful creations?

More Grumpy

I'm one of many folks here that check in daily and look to learn and usually keep my mouth shut. You have been an inspiration to me, you will be missed, and I Thank You!

jttheclockman

Ash sorry to see you go and I hope it was not anything that was said in the Bespoken thread that pushed you over the edge. There is no malice in these posts here, just conversation and at times I know I may get a little pigheaded and strong willed mindwise but it is only one man's opinion. We all have them. Your work is inspirational and a breath of fresh air because it is different and whatever you choose to call your pens is just part of what you do. I have followed your posts and it was you that got me to try some of the Omas materials which I really like using. With that said I understand the leaving part because I too actually left that UK site some time ago for various reasons. I tried taking a step back at the time but the attacks were coming from sources that were unfounded and then cliques are formed and it grows. You have your reasons for leaving here and wish you would reconsider and maybe just take a step back if something got personal and if I was one of those reasons you could have just hit the ignore button as many tend to do here to avoid my comments. Anyway hope to see you back again soon and be well. keep doing the fine work you have been now known for.

jeporter02

Beautiful pen, Ash! Ironically, I am in the UK but have never bothered to join the UK site. I'll have to pop over and see what's happening there.

howsitwork

AsH

A beautiful result . Hope you'll share on both sides of the pond again when you wish to. Keep in touch on this side and keep up the great work.

with much respect

Ian

PenPal

Ash no loss for me see you on the other side. I follow your work location may as well be next door as the internet is kindly designed that way,I have a lot to learn with photography and hex cutting from you cheers mate.

Todd in PA

Inspiring work. I hate to see you go, as others have mentioned. I was moved by your article about your father on your blog. Excellent pen to go out on!

Kcimdrib

Ash a great Pen I use both sites so will still have the joy of seeing your work.

Lew

I'll join others in saying that I'm sorry to see you go. Your pens are always an example of what can be done in the hands of someone who loves his work.

jrista

Sad to see you go...your pens are top shelf!! Always love seeing them. Any reason why you are leaving us?

BTW, that is one heck of a blank!! Where do you get those? Absolutely beautiful...

thewishman

Yea but there is another saying that is appropriate too to go with that saying but will let it go. It has to to with doors.
JT, if you're saying what I think you are, it is neither amusing nor appropriate. Especially in this goodbye thread. Shame on you for being so tone deaf.

Ash, please continue to thrive and share your beautiful work. So sorry you did not feel comfortable here, your leaving leaves all of us poorer for what could have been.

jttheclockman

Yea but there is another saying that is appropriate too to go with that saying but will let it go. It has to to with doors.
I did not know I could reply to my own posting but here it is. Let me say first I reported myself to Administrator, I asked the Administrator to delete my last post here. I am sorry for the comment. It was in appropriate and I got caught up in Alan's comment and his posting after translating I see what the term means and it hit home because if Ash is leaving because of the Bespoke thread that took place prior, I know I was the most vocal within that thread. I know I am not the most liked member here and do have that lightning rod hanging over me. So before this really goes bad I want to say I am sorry to Ash as well as Mark as I see he left a symbol and to Chris. Posts like this should never happen and when they do they can fester and that is not good for the forum moral or for further discussions. I am again sorry for that thread about the Bespoken pen thing to go as far as it did. Again being I sometimes get pigheaded and just do not know when to shut up I probably pushed it too far. For that thread also I am sorry. So I ask please if Ash is truely leaving us I am sorry if I was part of the reasoning behind it. His work will be missed here. He like every member here is why we keep tuning in and admiring what can be done with our artform. Again SORRY.☹️
John T.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I did not know I could reply to my own posting but here it is. Let me say first I reported myself to Administrator, I asked the Administrator to delete my last post here. I am sorry for the comment. It was in appropriate and I got caught up in Alan's comment and his posting after translating I see what the term means and it hit home because if Ash is leaving because of the Bespoke thread that took place prior, I know I was the most vocal within that thread. I know I am not the most liked member here and do have that lightning rod hanging over me. So before this really goes bad I want to say I am sorry to Ash as well as Mark as I see he left a symbol and to Chris. Posts like this should never happen and when they do they can fester and that is not good for the forum moral or for further discussions. I am again sorry for that thread about the Bespoken pen thing to go as far as it did. Again being I sometimes get pigheaded and just do not know when to shut up I probably pushed it too far. For that thread also I am sorry. So I ask please if Ash is truely leaving us I am sorry if I was part of the reasoning behind it. His work will be missed here. He like every member here is why we keep tuning in and admiring what can be done with our artform. Again SORRY.☹️
John T.

I don't see any post reports from you.

Edit: I see it now. It was buried at the end of the other reports for that post...

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I'm not sure I understand the controversy here, but I'm hopeful that a deep breath by everyone can calm any frayed nerves. Remember, taking a second before posting can often give you a moment for a sober second thought. All that being said, let's get back to posting some pen pics, eh? Beautiful pen, by the way, Ash! I love the chatoyance of that blank!

jrista

I'm a bit confused at what just happened here... Is this related to "bespoke"? I certainly did not want to force anyone off the site. I've never encountered a group of people so against a word, that they would actually do such a thing. If I contributed to anyone's decision to leave, I sincerely apologize... That was not my intent. I'm newer here, and I honestly don't quite understand the depth or intensity of the history of this bespoke thing here..

Valleyboy

Thank you for all the comments, much appreciated!

And please relax folks, the only reason I'm leaving is because I'm cutting down on the number of social media platforms and forums I use. I joined too many during lockdown and now I am spending way too much time on my phone and it's a problem. My wife even left me because I was ignoring her. Trouble is I was on facebook at the time so I didn't notice…

(It's a joke, I was on Instagram).

I'm just trimming back and if I don't physically cancel my membership then I'll just keep popping in like I am now. So it has to be a brutal purge!

But I must stress I am not remotely offended by anything anyone has said about anything. Honestly nothing could be further from the truth.

It's important to have an open, vibrant and engaging forum so I hope that continues, and I am sure it will.

Cheers
Ash

jrista

But I must stress I am not remotely offended by anything anyone has said about anything. Honestly nothing could be further from the truth.

It's important to have an open, vibrant and engaging forum so I hope that continues, and I am sure it will.

Cheers
Ash

Thanks, Ash! I think I'll be joining the UK forum, as you are one of my very favorite pen makers here. I would love to continue following your work. It is very inspirational. I am only ever on forums, and, I don't really follow that many...so, another one for pens won't hurt. ;)

Top Bottom