Thanks Edgar and Tony!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cwalker935

It's unseasonably warm in Virginia and I was working in my shop with the door open and the post person rolled up and dropped a box of goodies off. I waded through some shavings from an ambrosia maple bowl that I am working on to see what I had gotten. It was my bash prize from Edgar a box of casting supplies! I am excited about all the goodies but am especially excited about an adjustable tube in mold. Thank you so much Edgar!

I took a break from my turning and checked my email to see that TonyL had initiated the process for a gift card from Exotic Blanks, another bash prize. Thanks Tony, I hope to put it to good use.

5A699554-87E9-4408-8705-FA44B3ED8610.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
My pleasure, Cody. I hope you will enjoy using that stuff.

I tried my hand at casting a few years ago & after a few tries with a home made mold, I thought I would like to do more and bought some commercial molds & supplies. Alas, life events have kept me away from my shop for most of the last 3 years. I'm finally getting caught up on some things, and starting to get back to turning. However, after assessing things, I've decided that casting isn't really my thing, so I was planning to dispose of my casting supplies in some manner. When you win one of my donations, I thought that you might like these supplies rather than some blanks.

Have fun
Edgar

jttheclockman

That is a nice prize. Lots of value there too.

Edgar gives me an idea that as I get closer to that all time retirement time of life that I have a ton of materials I will never use and may just start combining as gifts so that it goes to others that may enjoy. Hopefully I still have a couple more good years left for shop time. I too though have been out of the shop due to other projects and commitments.

Top Bottom