Thanks BSea aka Bob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

A huge thank you to Bob. My daughter and I drove down yesterday to meet Bob. My daughter got to make some blanks and she had an absolute blast. She is very proud of the results. We didn't snap any pics at Bob's shop but I just took a couple of the results. Bob was more than generous and my daughter and I learned a lot.

Bob,

this was awesome. I can't thank you enough.

I will bring a couple of the blanks on the 2nd.

Attachments

• 20140720_204106.jpg
    20140720_204106.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 225
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

Hey David, I'm glad she had fun. I did too. But don't just bring blanks on the 2nd. Bring some pens too.:) I think she did a great job of picking colors. I probably shouldn't have added the white to some of those.

I can sleep well tonight knowing that another house in Arkansas has the sweet aroma of poly resin seeping into every corner.:biggrin:

scjohnson243

A huge thank you to Bob. My daughter and I drove down yesterday to meet Bob. My daughter got to make some blanks and she had an absolute blast. She is very proud of the results. We didn't snap any pics at Bob's shop but I just took a couple of the results. Bob was more than generous and my daughter and I learned a lot.

Bob,

this was awesome. I can't thank you enough.

I will bring a couple of the blanks on the 2nd.

Some great looking blanks, sorry I missed all the fun!!!

BJohn

Dave

It was nice to meet you and your daughter Saturday. It was refreshing to see a youngster that interested in art of turning pen's. Hope it doesn't stop there, and she goes on to turning other pieces to.

BSea

Hey Scott. You getting old or something? I should know better than to call you at nap time. :wink:

Remember I told you on Friday to come down on Saturday & have a hamburger? But it wasn't a meeting, just some casting. No lumber was hurt or destroyed.

SDB777

Glad to hear there was no lumber destroyed?
Well just to let you know, I was destroying burls here....whittling them down into pen blanks and bottle stoppers(seems no one wants to save cha-ching anymore with BIG chunks-they need them all tiny and stuff). Still have a big piece of Black Cherry burl, guess I'll have to start 'destroying' that chunk too?(then triple the price)

I actually 'encouraged' the one-that-must-be-obeyed into pouring me a new blank today(well about nine of them, I like big experiments). The smell of resin is definitely strong in a hot garage!

Guess I'll be seeing everyone next weekend?!?!?!

Scott (destroying big to make expensive small) B

Top Bottom