THANK YOU!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
<center>THANK YOU!!</center>
Well, another IAP Birthday Bash is done, and it's time for me to say thanks! Words can't express my sincere gratitude to every single one of you who participated in the party in one way or another. This is the biggest and best penturning party on the Internet and I'm proud to be a part of it.

To all of you supporting us with your hard-earned cash:

Some of you are new members and first time donators, so welcome to the IAP family and we look forward to your participation and continued support! Most of you, however, are loyal supporters who generously donate year after year, and it's your continued commitment to our site that is so important to our community.

I also want to also thank those of you who ran raffles and auctions during the bash, and those of you who bid, bought chances, and were great cheerleaders for those activities.

To all of you who donated the great prizes:

What a great bunch of prizes we had this year. (Too many as far as Andrew is concerned, I know!) From the smallest bunch of treasured blanks you parted with from your stash, to the big boxes of burls and the nice tools, we had a huge variety of goodies. You added tremendous excitement to the party!

To our great team of members who planned and ran the bash:

Please give a round of applause to the gang responsible for putting on the party. We had outstanding efforts by a lot of people including: melogic, Randy_, byounghusband, DocStram, fiferb, firefyter-emt, wudnhed, oldsmokey, grumps, Scott, and maxwell_smart007 (sorry if I missed someone!!)

The time required to coordinate some of the contests, especially trivia, is huge, and these folks took time out of their lives to make things run smoothly. Although every single one did a fantastic job, I need to point out the efforts of two people, without whom this would not have been possible.

Scott Greaves. THANK YOU SCOTT!! As usual, your enthusiasm and dedication carry us along. You start early whipping up support, and you are always there when we need encouragement. You recruited a great team to run the party!

Andrew Jordan. THANK YOU ANDREW! Your coordination of the massive number of prizes was just outstanding. This was your first year helping out and I hope you have NOT learned your lesson, as we need you back next year.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim15

Thanks for all you do all year long Jeff, this is a great site. Thanks to all the great people that belong to IAP as you are what makes this a great site. Thanks to all that ran the contests, great job.

ldb2000

Jeff
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say No...Thank You and everyone involved with the founding group ever so much for starting this great Forum and keeping it running .
I have learned so very much from everybody here and wish to thank you all .
THANKS !!! :)

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I just wanted to say thank you to the rest of the IAP birthday bash team for all the hard work that everyone did. A special thanks to Scott for helping me contact sponsors back in November (and putting up with my endless questions), and to the contest organizers for their daily hard work. To everyone else - don't be afraid of pitching in next year - it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too!

Thanks also to everyone who sent me their address quickly, without having to be tracked down - all three of you! :D Just kidding, of course....there were only two! :D:D

And I must say - I have a newfound appreciation for how much work a seemingly simple contest takes, so I can't imagine how Jeff finds the time to keep this site running!

Finally, a very special thanks to all the sponsors for their generous prize donations. Some of these prizes are definitely above the call of duty, so please visit our sponsors and thank them for helping out the IAP!

Congratulations to all the winners, organizers, and perpetual losers, for an excellent month! Can I sleep now??

Andrew:)

DocStram

Randy and Bruce really set the stage with the Trivia Contest. By the time it was my turn, they had everything set in place.

But, I still wake up in a cold sweat worrying that I forgot to post the Trivia Question.

To make matters worse, the other day I was teaching a graduate class when I went brain dead for a couple of minutes and lost my train of thought. The best I could come up with was, "Do you know what Japanese religion teaches that you should only fold the paper in origami without ever cutting it?" Everybody looked at me kind of askew. Nothing unusual.

wudnhed

Originally posted by maxwell_smart007

I just wanted to say thank you to the rest of the IAP birthday bash team for all the hard work that everyone did. To everyone else - don't be afraid of pitching in next year - it's a lot of work, but a lot of fun too!

And I must say - I have a newfound appreciation for how much work a seemingly simple contest takes, so I can't imagine how Jeff finds the time to keep this site running!

Finally, a very special thanks to all the sponsors for their generous prize donations. Some of these prizes are definitely above the call of duty, so please visit our sponsors and thank them for helping out the IAP!

Congratulations to all the winners, organizers, and perpetual losers, for an excellent month!

Yes, thank you everyone!!!! Andrew, a special thanks to you for all the hard work you did contacting prize donors and distribution of those prizes.

barkisini

Gracias! Dankeshoen! Spasiba! Obrigado!

This is a great place to learn and to socialize, to swap stories and materials, to inspire and to be inspired. And, along with all of that, to be entertained with wit, wisdom and whatever.

Kudos to all, looking forward to another great year!

Regards,

John B.

Scott

I really enjoy organizing the Birthday Bash each year, but it can be a real pain as well, so all the "thank-you's" are appreciated by all of us!

I want to thank all the crazy people who volunteer to help run portions of the Bash! This literally would not happen if it weren't for you guys! And I want to than Jeff for letting us do this to his site every year!

But this year I have a special thank-you for Andrew! Andrew went out and found the prizes by contacting each of the vendors and talking them into donating. Then he ran one of the contests. And THEN he volunteered to notify all the vendors of who the winners were so the prizes could be sent out! This was enough work for three people, and Andrew did it himself. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate him and the work he has done!

And my biggest thank you goes out to all the great IAP members who make the Birthday Bash worth it! If you all weren't willing to participate, we just wouldn't do it!

Till next year,

Scott.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Originally posted by Scott

But this year I have a special thank-you for Andrew! Andrew went out and found the prizes by contacting each of the vendors and talking them into donating. Then he ran one of the contests. And THEN he volunteered to notify all the vendors of who the winners were so the prizes could be sent out! This was enough work for three people, and Andrew did it himself. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate him and the work he has done!

Geez, Scott, you're making me blush! [:I]

Glad to help out! But more than that - I'm glad (and a bit sad) to be done! :)

johncrane

To Andrew/Scott the stoppers have made the long Trip too OZ l received them today thank you very much for your time and work.
Also a big thank you to Ruth Niles for the Donation l do appreciate your gift thanks again Ruth! the Stoppers look fantastic.
also thank you Jeff it was a top Bash. :D

LEAP

Thanks to everyone for making this the best place to hang out on the net. Not just during the bash but all year long. My wife refers to the forum as my "pen friends" and though I've only met a couple in person I value each and everyone of you for all the guidance, help and support I've received.

Top Bottom