Thank You

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Sometimes I think we forget to use these simple two words enough. I know I likely did not thank everyone enough for their thoughts, prayers and private messages of encouragement during my surgery. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support during a difficult time for my wife and me. Fortunately for us, my problem was operable, and so far, it appears that my carcinoid will soon become a fading memory. I still cannot work at the lathe, even to polish a piece as I found out yesterday!!, but I know it will come in time.

So, once again, thank you all for taking time to remember Nancy and me. Most of us likely will not meet face to face, but I felt the warmth and depth of your caring, and will treasure that feeling for a long, long time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Sure...get all mushy on us this morning [:D]
I am glad this will be a fading memory and things turned out well.
I can't wait till you can start turning again and we can see your beautifull pens.
In the meantime.....you can repost pictures of pens you allready showed like reruns [:D]

Dario

William,

I for one am very glad you are recovering well. Rest well...else I'll give you my painshop pro version! LOL [:p][}:)]

PS. When you are ready to turn again...do let me know [;)]

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
GEEZ, MUSHY, MUSHY, MUSHY..... the next thing he will be doing is crying all over his machinery and rusting the ways on the lathe and ruining a bunch of pen blanks....

I am real glad you are doing well and was so glad to hear how well you sounded on the phone the other day...

angboy

William, like everyone else, of course I'm glad that things are going well for you. You and I have never met and the likelihood that we will is slim. But one of the things that has really impressed me about this site (despite times where things are conflictual) is the connections I see people making and the just plain "niceness" of most of the people on here.

In the past, I know you've made posts in response to something I posted, and those posts have always been either amusing and entertaining, or serious and helpful in some way. It's very pleasant and refreshing to see that in an online community. Even though this is probably as mushy as what you posted (sorry Anthony!) [:D] it seems to me that the experience that you had as the recipient, as you went through this, is only reflective of what I imagine you would give if the shoe was on other foot!

airrat

Good to see your "up and around" William. Take your time getting better. Maybe you will be blessed with some spalted blanks for the wait. [:D]

Take care and keep posting. Give your wife a hug for us or vis versa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom