Thank you!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

Thank you to all of the wonderful artists who created pens for this contest. There were no bad pens in the lot and the bar has definitely been raised for next year!

Thank you to all of those who voted my pen up to the top. It was an amazing group of pens entered this year and I was thrilled to be voted into the top group let alone to be voted to the top honors.

Thank you to Ed (Yes you Ed, no not that Ed, the other Ed...no you up front, yes THAT Ed!) for his tireless efforts in advertising and helping to grow entries as well as votes. His posts brought people back again and again...not to mention stealing readers of other contests :eek: Also because of his efforts, we now know the undisputed best pizza out there comes from Chicago. :biggrin: Oh wait...different contest.

The Russ Fairfield contest is beyond fun and really flexes your creative side to come up with new ways to dress up the trusty 7mm work horse. Don't wait until next year to come up with your entry pen, start now! Don't just think outside the box, throw the box away and let your imagination run. I think Russ would be proud to see these pens go beyond his influence and taken to that next level.

In addition to influece from Russ' pens, I also have to give a special thanks to Don Ward for the challenge pen tutorial as it was a big influence on my finished version.

Looking forward to next year already.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations Carl. That was one awesome pen you submitted & very deserving of your first place win.

Edgar (now going by my full name to eliminate some of the edconfusion here)

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Congratulations Carl. You made a great pen that really deserved to win.

Regards,
Eric

Truth be told... #1 and #2 were BOTH awesome!!! Great pens that I can aspire to!

Great competition, great submissions, and great inspiration - Thank you both!

Top Bottom