Cheer Thank you Penn State!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fine Engineer

I made an EDC Slimline Pro pen for my daughter, and I must have neglected to tighten the plunger button adequately, so after a couple of weeks of use, it fell off and she lost it. She uses the pen constantly (she's a waitress), so I couldn't have that. I robbed the missing part from another kit to get her pen back to working order.
So I went to the Penn State site and used the chat feature to see if I could order the missing part to make the kit usable again, and within just a minute or two, Kim joined the chat. Hearing my story, she agreed to send me a replacement part gratis (this one time). In doing that she noted that if you call them, they can replace parts for kits, and that the arrangement and shipping are handled separate from the normal catalog sales.

So major cheers for helping me out, and it is wonderful knowing that individual parts are available to replace missing or (more likely) damaged components so that an entire kit isn't lost due to some mistake. So nice to have a good experience with a supplier. I'll definitely continue to buy from them.

Jeff
Carson City, NV

RunnerVince

Thanks for this post Jeff. I will have to get on and see if they will do the same with the retention springs for their seam ripper kits. The springs are fairly fragile, and I've ruined more than one with my own inexperience/impatience trying to get them into the tubes.

Top Bottom