THANK YOU for BASH 2016!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
We're ticking down the final minutes of our 12th anniversary party, and it's time for me to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone involved. Planning for the Bash starts in September, when I get the logo contest going, Andrew starts soliciting prizes, and Mike Redburn starts hinting that it's time to begin getting the team together. By the time January rolls around, everyone is investing countless hours making spreadsheets, writing rules, coordinating prizes, and at my house, packing mugs and folding t-shirts.

The operative word here is TEAM! This isn't a job for one or three or eight people. It takes a couple dozen to really make it work. From the overall planning, down to the last details of contest rules, a dedicated gang of ladies and gentlemen make all this happen.

And what would a party be without the revelers! To all of you who entered contests, guessed trivia, solved puzzles, and made all the awesome pens, boxes, and photos, thank you for getting out there to mingle and make this a real party.

A special thanks this year to our two new auctioneers, Bob and Chuck. You guys really made a great first impression! And as always, the one guy this whole thing depends on is Mike Redburn. Mike, we can't thank you enough.

And we can't fail to mention all of our generous prize donators. I think this year we had something like 180 prizes. From the "big guys", to our member vendors, to our individual members, the generosity was overflowing this year. Three cheers to our prize wizard, Andrew Jordan!

And to all of those able to provide financial support by purchasing a mug, entering the drawing, or bidding on an auction, thank you!

Thanks to the entire IAP family for another fantastic Bash!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LouCee

Thank you Jeff and everyone who works so hard to make the Bash what it is. Also thank you to all the vendors and members who supported the Bash, the prize list was crazy long! It's obvious that it takes a lot of people working together to pull this off. Thank you to all!

Last edited:

CREID

Thanks Jeff.
For me it was a pleasure to help out this year. As for Mike Redburn, I think I only sent him a few dozen PM's during this whole process. Oh and I think I may have to PM him another time or two.:biggrin:
Already looking forward to next year.

Dale Lynch

Thank you Jeff,ladies and germs of the bash team,goodie givers,peanut gallery,competitors(except who beat me),lookie loos,voters and everyone else who took part in the festivities.

The bash is an inspiration to me.You all work so hard to get it all done.It inspires me to throw down the best I got.Win or lose It pushes me to try something new and push my skills to the limit.

jttheclockman

Another year in the books and another stellar job by all that put the time and effort into making this one of the best. Thanks to Jeff for first having such a great site and for allowing one of the best celebrations on an internet site. It all works with the cooperation of the members and the hard workers behind the scenes.

The contests were run smoothly and efficiently. The participation in the contests was very good. What those people need to take out of it is the test they went up against. The test of their peers. It gives them a gauge to find out where they are as they continue to expand their abilities as they go on in this hobby.

I congratulate all the winners in all the contests. Well played. To all those that did not place, do not feel you failed. You did walk away with your own prizes and self analysis.

To all the vendors and prize contributors. Lets face it this would not happen if it were not for them. What we need to do as a community is to support these vendors throughout the year and let them know they are appreciated. Big or small they all count. They need us as well as we need them.

I do want to add a personal comment. I have went through a few hard months lately with the Passing of my Mom and some health issues. I always came here knowing there is good people here that just want to help. I looked forward to the Bash this year to help stimulate me in ways of getting me out of my funk and get the juices going again. Have to say I was not disappointed. Job well done. Maybe next year i can play along a little more too.

As far as the newest contest that I was keenly interested in, the pen box contest and the pen stand contest, I feel they have proven their worth in deciding to carry them on. They were exciting and we found out there are some serious players out there. The craftsmanship and ideas did show through. These elements are keen in developing pen techniques as we move forward. They lend themselves to ideas that blend in with pen making itself. Thanks again to all those that played.

One final thing I would like to say is i hope to see the kind of talent displayed throughout the Bash will continue and even get better as the year goes on. Do not let this be a one time thing per year. Continue to grow and show us all what you got. It was fun. Lets do it again. Happy Turning and once again thanks Jeff.

Top Bottom