Thank You Bash Team 10!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
"I had no idea of the amount of work that goes on behind the scenes!"
Anytime we swear a new member into the International Association of Birthday Bash Planners (IABBP) it isn't long before that new member utters those words. The annual Birthday Bash would not be possible were it not for this dedicated group of members who start planning months in advance of the actual event and forfeit hour upon hour of their personal time, all for your enjoyment.

The Bash Planers lost one of its MVPs during the last year. Landon Smith, better known within the IAP community as Hunter-27 fought a prolonged battle with a medical condition that eventually got the better of him. Landon was THE go-to guy not only during the Bash, but year round. There wasn't an activity he wasn't willing to chair, or a favor asked of him that he would refuse. It often got to the point where he had to be told that he was taking on too much. He'd just laugh and say something like, "This is my way of giving back. I may not make the greatest pen in the world but I think I can put on a pretty good show". He was right. He did. He gave a lot to the IAP and his absence is already felt.

This year's lineup of Bash Planners included many familiar faces along with a few new ones. I am always amazed that some of our members come back year after year. I don't think it is the hard work, no pay or occasional criticism they receive that keeps them coming back, it is their dedication to this wonderful community and knowing that they contributed positively to the overall excitement and joy that is the Annual IAP Birthday Bash.

In addition to giving up hours and hours of their personal time for planning during the months preceding the Bash, most of these guys also chair the contests that make up the Bash. Many chair multiple contests. One contest can get confusing and time consuming enough. Multiple contests and daily contests can get old real quick. Not only do these guys give up their time, they also give up the privilege of entering many of the contests simply because they are privy to information that could be perceived to give them an advantage. These are the guys that actually contribute by stepping up to do what needs to be done instead of just sitting around griping about what others should be doing or how they ought to do it, never lifting a finger to actually help. Without these dedicated volunteers there would be no Bash. They deserve our sincere THANK YOU!

Please join me in thanking these members, listed in no particular order, for their hard work.

Mike Redburn (mredburn)

Chaired the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest – Sponsored by Exotic Blanks
Chaired the Youth Beautiful Pen Contest Under 14 years old
Chaired the Youth Beautiful Pen Contest 14 to 16 years old – sponsored by Maj'K Blanks.
Matches the prizes to the contests

Chris Pukalo (Displaced Canadian)

Chaired the Freestyle Pen Contest
Chaired the Modified Pen Contest
Chaired the Edible Pen Contest
As Bash Co-Chairman Chris kept an eye on things and put out any fires that arose while I was away taking care of a personal matter.

Mannie Steglich (Monty)
It was Mannie who suggested and chaired our newest Bash pen contest, Antler, Horn, Bone.

Jonathon Brooks (Brooks803)
Chaired the Intermediate Pen Contest – sponsored by R & B Crafts
Chaired the Beginner Beautiful Pen Contest – Sponsored by JohnU Fantastic Feathers.
Johnathon also sponsored the Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest

Eric Bueker (Buzzzz4)
Eric chaired all three of the Casting Contests; Colors, Embedded Objects, and the Tube-on Casting Contest sponsored by PTownSubbie Silicon Molds.

Wayne Racinowski (wracinoski)
Wayne, who has done so much as the Library Manager chaired the Best Library Article Contest. Wayne also helped me locate a source for the plaques some of our winners will be getting.

Todd Lajoie (toddlajoie)
Todd is a professional photographer who chaired the three main photo contests. Speaking as one who struggles taking a good photo, I really appreciate the job he did and the creative entries that made it into the contest.

Jon Piper (GoodTurns)
Jon chaired the Match the Shop contest, always one of the members Bash favorites.

Chuck Hutchings (DaleCamino)
Chuck came back again and handled the Daily Trivia contests with the assistance of two 1st time Bash volunteers. He is always a welcome member of the IABBP.

Chris Houstin (Sumterdad)
Chris was baptized by fire during this years Bash. Chris stepped up and chaired the Wood Identification Contest – sponsored by the Classic Nib. He did a great job. The daily contests can be very demanding especially on a small business owner who understandably must devote the majority of his day to his work and family. Thank you very much Chris! Ya did good!

Curtis Seebeck (Mesquiteman)
Curtis remained behind the scenes during most of this year's Bash, but he did contribute in very important ways. Curtis designed and maintained all the contest entry forms. Also, Curtis obtained the Bash Calendar for us and got it up and running. He created and posted a crossword puzzle and donated a beautiful IAP Clock to award a lucky IAP member. Thanks Curtis!

Ed Brown (ed4copies)
In addition to being the best online auctioneer I know, Ed devotes many hours to the Bash as well as to other IAP concerns. His advice and council are always welcome.

Andrew Jordan (Maxwell_Smart007)
Andrew is the person responsible for obtaining all of the fantastic prizes for the contests. He starts months in advance emailing vendors soliciting prizes. His success never ceases to amaze me!

Jeff Brown (Jeff)
You all know Jeff's role in taking mug orders, packaging and shipping mugs. Jeff also conducts the annual Donation Drawing. Jeff personally contributes prizes to that drawing. Many of the donated prizes are shipped to Jeff who then reships them to the winners. This year Jeff also oversaw all the prize delivery which is a task that can last into April or longer. Jeff is also working constantly behind the scenes taking care of the many things that the Bash planners can't take care of themselves. Create this forum, create that forum, move that thread to here, delete this thread until a later time then restore it, fix my poll so the results are hidden, why aren't my pictures showing up?, and on and on it goes. Jeff is one of the most patient men I have ever known!

Dawn Kizor (PR_Princess)
Dawn has offered many good suggestions during planning and is always willing to step up and help with needed.

Ed McDonnell (parklandturner)
Ed jumped in and chaired the Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest – Sponsored by Brooks Blanks. Not only did he do an excellent job with the contest, he, along with Mike Redburn, Chuck Hutchings and others kept us all entertained with their verbal jousting. He is a great addition to the IAPBBP.

Dave Lyons (lyonsacc)
Dave answered a call for volunteers and ended up assisting with the Daily Trivia Contest. That contest can be very demanding because of the large number of entries in the short period of time that each trivia contest runs.

Robert Sherlock (Robert Sherlock)
Robert also volunteered to help and ended up assisting with Trivia. Robert, Dave and Chuck made a great team!

I don't think I forgot anyone but if I did I am truly sorry. If I forgot to mention an individual contribution to the planning or running of the Bash I also apologize for that. There are so many little details that get worked out and tasks that get performed prior to the actual start of the Bash it is difficult to document them all.

My sincere THANK YOU goes to all of these fine members and I hope to meet with you all again over the next 12 months so we can do it all again! By the way, there is always plenty of room at the conference table.

If you would like to be a member of the International Association of Birthday Bash Planners just drop me a PM.

Last edited:

D.Oliver

Thanks Everybody! You all did great (even Ed and Mike). Chuck I guess next year your going to have to try harder so that your name can be in big and bold font too!

JohnU

Thank You All for all that you do and for your time, knowledge and personalities that make the IAP and BASH the success that it is. It's people like you who make me proud to be a member here. Also, a salute and prayer to a great guy, Landon, who helped make the IAP a great place and is sadly missed around here. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Thanks Everybody! You all did great (even Ed and Mike). Chuck I guess next year your going to have to try harder so that your name can be in big and bold font too!

DALECAMINO - stand and be recognized! :)

He's on the list - just a formatting error by Mike! :) (Mike is so well-organized, I take perverse pleasure in pointing out his first error - ever, likely!) :)

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus

DALECAMINO - stand and be recognized! :)

He's on the list - just a formatting error by Mike! :) (Mike is so well-organized, I take perverse pleasure in pointing out his first error - ever, likely!) :)

My wife would laugh hysterically if she knew anyone thought that I was even remotely organized!!:laugh:

toddlajoie

You STILL Missed a person

I noticed that there was still One Name that was not on the list...

It's a shame to, as this gentleman has been there day in and day out, pulling us all together, giving us a gentle nudge when things needed to be moving and weren't, and generally keeping things smooth. He's been my sounding board when an opinion is needed and always been willing to jump in and lend a hand if it is ever needed.:biggrin:

I'm sure we all APPRECIATE his TIME and dedication to making the Bash an event for all to enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Marko50

I, for one, am thoroughly impressed with the whole thing! There was something for everyone to participate in. If you didn't enter something, it wasn't for lack of categories! And the discounts offered by the vendors were/are outstanding! Five stars!!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Lets also recognize D.Oliver (Derek Oliver) (The entry stealing varmint) for helping to make the threads entertaining and fun! Although not a Bash Planner he has worked tirelessly to steal entries and promote the Trivia contests. Thank you Derek!

Last edited:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
YES! Thank you Derek. BTW, I just found this thread and, I would have been fine with small font. :biggrin: Just having some recognition is good but, not required. I've learned a few things since last year.

Thank you Mike Broberg for your work and, guidance. Also, for writing up this article. When/where did you find time to do it?:) Very much appreciated. And, thanks for asking me to do this again. I am honored.

Thanks to Robert and, Dave for giving me a break this year. Having been tossed into the abyss, you both did great.

longbeard

Thank you all for the work that went into all the contests. Very enjoyable.
Thank you to all the vendors for your support and discounts.

Harry

Last edited:

Bob Wemm

A very sincere thankyou to all the Bash Organisers, you have done a wonderful job and made February even better than last year. A super thank you to all the Vendors for great discounts and Prize Donations. Thanks to all the members who donated all that stuff as well.
This is absolutely the BEST PLACE on the net.
And, a special THANK YOU to Mike Broberg, who left his name off the list.
THANK YOU ALL.

Bob.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If we gave out medals, the highest honor would be "Bash Planning Team Survivor".

On behalf of the IAP, and me personally, THANK YOU.

I don't think I can improve on Mike's tribute one bit, except to suggest a huge round of applause for the guy pushing the buttons and pulling the levers at the Bash control center:

Mike Broberg

Mike, thank you. The Bash has evolved over the past few years to something that would be hard to manage even if we could all sit around a conference table every day. Yet somehow you manage to do it electronically. THAT takes some skill, patience, and most of all, dedication to the cause.

On behalf of ALL of us, a sincere THANK YOU.

Tom T

Yes for sure the bash team gets a BIG A++ for a wonderful bash. Thank you so much.
This is my second bash and I now have blocked off February on my calendar for next year.
I do not want to miss anything.
Thanks again to all.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
:biggrin:eek:ooooo we need combat ribbons to pin on our smocks! One for each contest or responsibility. We could wear our class A turning outfits and pin all our ribbons on to go to all the MPG ,Mapg type events!:eek:

Si90

This has been my first year, but I would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in organising the Bash, you have done an amazing job. It is a real credit to the forum, I haven't come across anything like it on any other. A big thanks to all those who donated such fantastic prizes as well. :good:
Already looking forward to next year.

Thanks to the coordinators who did an outstanding job, and all those donating prizes.

Now we all need to get to work planning for another big year. This is an outstanding forum.

Dale Lynch

Wow! all you people and all your hard work to put this together,and I'm still to dense to get it sometimes.Thank you for your time now and thoughout the year,without you this would be a boring place.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thank you Mike & Jeff & everyone on Bash Team 10.
This was my first bash and it has been a blast.
You all did a superb job!
Where did the month go? Seems like just yesterday that it started.

plano_harry

Thanks to all for your efforts to make each Bash possible! I look forward to this more than my own birthday! All my spare time is spent online during February. This year definitely was worthy of the Big 10th!
Harry

darrin1200

A big thanks to everyone involved. Your efforts a greatly appreciated.
It was a great bash this year and I am already looking forward to next year.

Russknan

We owe you all a lot - not just for all the work you put in for the BASH, but for all you do the REST of the year, too! Thanks a lot! Russ

nascrdad

Thanks to all the people that put this together, and the ones that ran it. This was my first bash, and though I did not win anything, I had a great time, and look forward to next year.

Top Bottom