texas sized peppermill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from nwcatman

nwcatman

i had some time to spare yesterday so looked to see what i could make from the old woodpile. the peppermill is 13"tall and 3.5" dia. at the base, 2.75" at the top. the other things are coffee grinders, and some antler/bullet pens.

Attachments

• millsandgrinders2.jpg
    millsandgrinders2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 454
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice PM... I make lots of them. One of the more fun things I turn. I like the crush/Grind mechanism better than the standard... I don't have to be so precise in my measurements... and sometimes I am measurementally or maybe just mentally challenged.

nwcatman

Those are really sharp!!! Where did you get the parts for the coffee grinders. I have never seen those. They look like a nice project.

the coffee grinder mechanisms are from PSI, and CSUSA sells both those and the peppermill parts. when i have em on display for sale i always drop in a few beans/peppercorns so they can be demonstrated. the thru hole on the coffee grinders is 1" which works fine but needs to be inletted 1 1/2" dia. and 1/2" deep on top to accommodate the bottom of the grinder. the last 2 measurements are a guess so need to measure first.

RMB

Thats awesome... I got a few pepper/salt mill kits from CSUSA...or was it PSI? eh. anyways, If you don't mind, I'm wondering what price range folks sell them for? I remember seeing big peppermills in Napa made of cherry, maple or walnut (rough sanding marks included) for pretty rediculous prices. I probably won't sell the ones I have now, they'll be Christmas presents.

nwcatman

i was told that for a non-pro it is $10 an inch rule of thumb. people like Paul Chilton sell em for $250 and up, roughly

i was told that for a non-pro it is $10 an inch rule of thumb. people like Paul Chilton sell em for $250 and up, roughly

I don't price mine on a per inch basis... usually do a formula based on material costs and time spent making them at a standard shop rate... if converted to a per inch basis, probably would be more like $8 or $9 per inch.

I've seen some on the web at pretty impressive prices.

Top Bottom