Texas Pen and Stand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

I was asked to make a Texas themed pen and this is what I came up with. Also I haven't seen any coin pens in a while so I thought I'd share this one. The pen is a Sierra with an actual state quarter on a cloth flag. The stand is South Texas Mesquite. There's a few shallow cracks but I didn't want to risk trashing it trying to fix them. Since I started turning the funnels and using 3D printed inserts I also started engraving on those. It's hard to see but there's an Armadillo. Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpeg
    IMG_4168.jpeg
    404.8 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4167.jpeg
    IMG_4167.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 75
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

The armadillo is the Texas state mammal, (small). For the large mammal, it is the longhorn.
Correct. Also my son went to Texas A&M. They have a huge rivalry with Texas University so he's not a fan of the longhorn. Plus I was worried about the room I had to play with so the longhorn might have ended up a black smudge. That's when I decided to go with the armadillo.

leehljp

Member Liaison
You did Texas Proud! WELL DONE. My middle daughter was born in Ft. Worth. And She loves her Texas, (but she lives and works in MO).

Beautiful Work, and the coin is superb! Great choice with Mesquite too! Love it!

Bleedaggie

You did Texas Proud! WELL DONE. My middle daughter was born in Ft. Worth. And She loves her Texas, (but she lives and works in MO).

Beautiful Work, and the coin is superb! Great choice with Mesquite too! Love it!
I went the other direction. Grew up in Columbia, MO. Now in Fort Worth. Tough to pick a favorite.

Kenny Durrant

I'm the right kind of Aggie. I bleed Okie State Aggie orange.
When I started making sports blanks my son, who is a huge sports fan, told me I needed to learn all the teams colors and mascots. He also used to work at OSU and I've never heard the name Aggies. I looked it up and found some of the universities history interesting. You learn something new everyday. Thanks

Top Bottom