Terrific Source for wood working equipment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

old folks

Most states have a Division of Correction Surplus Warehouse. When a shop is shut down at a prison unless the equipment is moved to another prison it is sent to the DOC Surplus Warehouse to be sold to the public.
A friend of mine in Maryland went to the surplus warehouse in Jessup and told me it has shop equipment for better than half the price of new and that all equipment is maintained on a regulary scheduled basis.
If anyone, in any state tries this please let me know how it went. To find out the location of the surplus warehouse for any state call the main information number for the DOC . Hope this helps somebody.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
OOOOH, Jessup is only an hour from me... thanks for the info... sounds like a road trip coming up soon...
Can you put me in touch with your buddy who went there.. he can email me at tom@myfavoritepen.com... I would like to talk to him... Thanks

lkorn

Tom,
If you go there, let me know beforehand. I'm looking for a 14" Bandsaw.
Originally posted by Old Griz
<br />OOOOH, Jessup is only an hour from me... thanks for the info... sounds like a road trip coming up soon...
Can you put me in touch with your buddy who went there.. he can email me at tom@myfavoritepen.com... I would like to talk to him... Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom