Tenacious

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kenny Durrant

Kenny Durrant

It's kind of a long story but it might be better than the pen itself. My Father in Law grew up on a farm in a small town in West Texas. After I married his daughter we'd go to Paducah Texas every Labor Day for a family reunion. That was a new kind of hot to me. Not only the sun beating down on you there was the occasional breeze that blew the red sand all over. We had to be outdoors because that was opening day of dove season so everyone was out. Back to the pen. There was a small fruit orchard on the place and I remember everyone walking through the trees looking and talking about the "Old Days". After my wife's grandparents passed away I was able to go to the new land owners and get permission to cut a few small branches from some of the trees. There was apple, peach and apricot. I cut out a map of Texas and put a small star where Paducah Tx is located. My father in law's initials are C.S. The wood is apple from the orchard with guitar pic guard separating the cloth from the wood. Thanks for reading the rambling and Questions and Comments Welcome.

Attachments

• 264C4CEA-4DC3-4E0E-9E0B-30064B4E5EC3.jpeg
    264C4CEA-4DC3-4E0E-9E0B-30064B4E5EC3.jpeg
    653.4 KB · Views: 188
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Mal. It is the same kit as the Blade. The only diffetto me is these a Woodcraft close to me so I can just run over a pickup what I need.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Jeffery. They are close together. I remember driving through Crowell. I see you in the Houston area now. My son lives there. We should try to meet sometime and chat a bit. I need to get with a couple of other guys that way I've just hadn't had the time or opportunity with the virus stuff.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Stories add to the value/significance of the pen. Without the story, the pen would have been simply well done - nice material combination, clean, neat, very attractive... With the story, the context takes it to another level. I really appreciate the story - and your skills are wonderful.

Well done!!!!!

Beesville

Thanks Jeffery. They are close together. I remember driving through Crowell. I see you in the Houston area now. My son lives there. We should try to meet sometime and chat a bit. I need to get with a couple of other guys that way I've just hadn't had the time or opportunity with the virus stuff.
I'm sure we could find a place for several guys/gals to get together.

Kenny Durrant

Thanks Again for the kind words. I guess I've made several pens and such over the years but the ones with the story's although they might not be as flashy

Kenny Durrant

Sorry my fat fingers hit the wrong button too soon!!!!
… are far better received than some. These are the ones that make pen building and turning fun. Take Care

Top Bottom