Tell Me Why I Get Up Again?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PR_Princess

Brushed off the satellite dish this morning. While I was out I practiced taking a few pics with my new iphone.

And yes, these ARE in color! :eek:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Bedroom Window.jpg
    Bedroom Window.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 623
  • Side2.jpg
    Side2.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 594
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 179
  • Cherry Tree.jpg
    Cherry Tree.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 603
  • West side.jpg
    West side.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Can't you send some summer pictures instead? The -32 core temperature this morning, -45 windchill, and the dump of snow we got just before the weather changed isn't really allowing me to enjoy your pics this afternoon! :)

Left the truck plugged in all night, and the battery was still drained this morning - way too cold to be starting - you should have heard the power steering pump squealing!

JohnU

Beautiful pictures Dawn! They are greetings card material. No wonder you guys see deer around the house. I love the snow and love spending time in the woods in the snow. Just don't ask me to work in it or clean the driveway.

Hey! I think I can see "Ed's place" where you send him when he's being bad,
in the lower left background of the "West-side" picture. :)

You Guys Stay Warm!

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Just noticed that we're under a weather warning:

A prolonged period of very cold wind chills continues.

After a temporary improvement of wind chills to the minus 35 to
minus 40 range, extremely cold wind chills of minus 40 to minus 45
are expected to return once again tonight and persist well into
Monday morning.

People outdoors should exercise caution and dress appropriately as
exposed skin may freeze in less than 10 minutes.

robutacion

Brushed off the satellite dish this morning. While I was out I practiced taking a few pics with my new iphone.

And yes, these ARE in color! :eek:

Wow, what sort of iphone can take pics like that...???

Beautiful pics no doubt, and if those are taken in your backyard, I would like to experience that, at least for a few days, not sure if I would survive much longer that that, doing outdoor stuff, like chasing those dear and other creatures.

It would be also nice to be inside of a nice cozy home , holding a good cup of coffee, looking at the window and see that view, that I could do for more than a few days, for sure...!

Up here, that ain't happen, the sun is cooking eggs on the cement, the wind is blowing the gale and bush fires are all around us, big time and out of control so, we should be OK about the fires but not so much about the heat, a typical event for this time of the year, in down under land...!

Cheers
George

PR_Princess

Beautiful shots. Here in Michigan we have only had flurries so far. That is fine. I don't have to shovel that.

Stay warm. Please don't send your cold temps this way though.
Shovel????... Snowshoes!

1920444_10152884861015931_1050752738_n.jpg

Mean while
Winter has set in in Fort Myers Fl. as well

You are one evil person Mike Redburn! :mad-tongue: :clown::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

What AWESOME pictures! WOW! Great camera work!

It's only 85 degrees today with a southeast breeze.:biggrin:
Thank you! But I had little to do with it - Was all Mother Nature...and Apple!

Wish it was like that in the UK!
I wish I was in the UK!

Lovely photos !! Thanks for reminding what snow looks like !

It's 28 degrees and sunny here !

Regards,
Cam
Cam, ever consider taking part in a foreign exchange programme? :biggrin:

Beautiful pictures Dawn! They are greetings card material. No wonder you guys see deer around the house. I love the snow and love spending time in the woods in the snow. Just don't ask me to work in it or clean the driveway.
Thank you John! This snowfall happened when it was dead still out. Was all pretty storybook magical when you first walked out of the house.

And yep, we are blessed with all kinds of wildlife around the house - not only deer, but all kinds of wonderful little furry critters. Including (much to our on going chagrin) some NOT so wonderful and rather industrious... racoons.

For reference that little tree in the top pic? It's a sour cherry I planted a few years ago...its about 6 ft.

Cold in Ohio starting tomorrow.
Here too! I am NOT looking forward to the cold!

You can come to California and never sees snow
LOL Bill, don't tempt me!!

Snow is something I prefer to visit once in a while instead of live with annually...been there, frozen that! :biggrin:
I hear ya!

Wow, what sort of iphone can take pics like that...???

Beautiful pics no doubt, and if those are taken in your backyard, I would like to experience that, at least for a few days, not sure if I would survive much longer that that, doing outdoor stuff, like chasing those dear and other creatures.

It would be also nice to be inside of a nice cozy home , holding a good cup of coffee, looking at the window and see that view, that I could do for more than a few days, for sure...!

Up here, that ain't happen, the sun is cooking eggs on the cement, the wind is blowing the gale and bush fires are all around us, big time and out of control so, we should be OK about the fires but not so much about the heat, a typical event for this time of the year, in down under land...!

Cheers
George

George you are welcome anytime!!!!!! I'll keep the coffee hot and at the ready!

PR_Princess

Can't you send some summer pictures instead? The -32 core temperature this morning, -45 windchill, and the dump of snow we got just before the weather changed isn't really allowing me to enjoy your pics this afternoon! :)

Left the truck plugged in all night, and the battery was still drained this morning - way too cold to be starting - you should have heard the power steering pump squealing!

OK, here's a little something for you to look forward to Andrew! :tongue::biggrin:

Attachments

• Spring in Canada.jpg
    Spring in Canada.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 112

robutacion

OK, here's a little something for you to look forward to Andrew! :tongue::biggrin:

Firstly, thanks for the invite, it will never happen, though...!

Now, this pic you shown us, doesn't make any sense, I've seen naked Russians jump into a hole full of water, in the icy snow, they don't last long though but, having a barbecue in such outdoor conditions and in swimwear, that's crazy stuff, right there.

Oh... being young and hot blooded...!:rolleyes::biggrin:

PS: I forgot about the snow shoes, what a great invention, they seem too new (hot glue-up) to have been tested yet, I really would like to see how they work...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom