Technical Drawing Software

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Amihai

Hello,
I'm looking for the simplest technical drawing software in existence, preferably a free / online one.
Something which will allow me to quickly draw and edit kitless plans, sections, rings etc.
Drawing in Office Word or with regular photo editing software is a true pain... What do you guys use?
Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MPVic

Thanks, Carl! I upgraded my PC recently to Windows 10 but kept Windows 7 to run my AutoCAD Lt 2008. Couldn't activate AutoCAD again 'cause AutoDesk refused to give me an activation code. I'm coming to the end of my trial AutoCAD Lt 2024 so your suggestions are a great help!!

genopsdir

Any suggestions for free software (or inexpensive non-subscription) that will work on an iPad Pro?
I use TouchDraw. It was $15 when I got it years ago and I still use it on my iPad Pro. I believe they have TouchDraw 2 out now, but not familiar with it - the first version does most of what I need.
The ElevenWorks website should have most of the details and capabilities if you want to check it out first.

darrin1200

@genopsdir Thanks. I just downloaded it to try out. It has a 7day trial before $20 purchase.

I was hoping to find a 3D drawing program. Everything I've seen, seems to require an actual desktop computer.

Fine Engineer

Thanks, Carl! I upgraded my PC recently to Windows 10 but kept Windows 7 to run my AutoCAD Lt 2008. Couldn't activate AutoCAD again 'cause AutoDesk refused to give me an activation code. I'm coming to the end of my trial AutoCAD Lt 2024 so your suggestions are a great help!!
A good inexpensive ($100/yr) alternative to AutoCAD is Draftsight from Desault Systemes (the makers of SolidWorks). LibreCAD is a free 2D CAD program that is also very good.

Penultimate

I've used Draftsight when it was free, exalike AutoCAD 2D. Fusion 360 before they started pulling features and making it harder to use, FreeCAD and now Onshape. My favorite is Onshape, I wanted to use FreeCAD because files are stored on your computer but I couldn't find the right graphics display. The lines were too thick also the drawing paradigm is different then the rest. My Go to is Onshape until something changes.

Top Bottom