qquake Member Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 5,057 Location Northern California Apr 23, 2016 #1 This is a bolt action Tec-Pen in chrome. The blank is a Kirinite Turquoise Pearl. Wow, what a stunning blank! Attachments 040.JPG 175.6 KB · Views: 162 041.JPG 177.5 KB · Views: 158 042.JPG 213.9 KB · Views: 237 043.JPG 233.3 KB · Views: 152
This is a bolt action Tec-Pen in chrome. The blank is a Kirinite Turquoise Pearl. Wow, what a stunning blank!
qquake Member Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 5,057 Location Northern California Apr 23, 2016 #2 More shots of the pen. Man, I love this blank! Attachments 044.JPG 153.9 KB · Views: 143 045.JPG 148.4 KB · Views: 138 046.JPG 146.7 KB · Views: 123 047.JPG 128.9 KB · Views: 179
qquake Member Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 5,057 Location Northern California Apr 23, 2016 #3 This blank is definitely translucent. So I painted the tube and blank with spray paint, and colored the epoxy with acrylic paint. The spray paint is called "Seaside". Attachments 017.JPG 112.9 KB · Views: 172 014.JPG 128.3 KB · Views: 187 020.JPG 90.3 KB · Views: 179
This blank is definitely translucent. So I painted the tube and blank with spray paint, and colored the epoxy with acrylic paint. The spray paint is called "Seaside".
qquake Member Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 5,057 Location Northern California Apr 23, 2016 #4 The Tec-Pen kit comes with a stylus for the finial end. It also includes a plain cap if you don't want the stylus. Attachments 048.JPG 199.6 KB · Views: 131 049.JPG 201.3 KB · Views: 173 050.JPG 199.3 KB · Views: 127
The Tec-Pen kit comes with a stylus for the finial end. It also includes a plain cap if you don't want the stylus.
qquake Member Joined Feb 8, 2004 Messages 5,057 Location Northern California Apr 23, 2016 #5 This is the closest I've ever come to a captive ring. :tongue: Attachments 035.JPG 117 KB · Views: 168
stuckinohio Member Joined May 3, 2015 Messages 1,696 Location Columbus Ohio Apr 23, 2016 #6 That does look great! I was just gonna ask what color you painted the tubes, but I guess I don't have too!
That does look great! I was just gonna ask what color you painted the tubes, but I guess I don't have too!
Jgrden Member Joined Mar 27, 2009 Messages 6,286 Location hOUSTON, Texas Apr 24, 2016 #7 Very nice. I made one out of aluminum for my son on his birthday. he writes code and likes the new mesh type stylus.
Very nice. I made one out of aluminum for my son on his birthday. he writes code and likes the new mesh type stylus.