Teal acrylic kitless pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jalbert

jalbert

I recently bought a house, and spent the last couple weeks moving, which unfortunately cut my shop time down, so I've been working on this pen for a while, off and on. I made it from transparent teal acrylic, with Argentium silver trim. One of my friends dubbed it the "mermaid pen," due to the scale motif and ocean-ey color. It's about 5.25" long, capped, and uses a jowo 6 nib.
87C222AB-CA46-4E9E-B254-A7EBEF675783.jpeg
7BA1904D-13D9-4949-9104-8BFF2AE0EA52.jpeg
CBB15777-5BA7-40C1-91FA-95F73E5EC5FE.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

I love everything about that pen ! ! ! ! ! . :D

Too bad there are not more "superlatives" in the English language . . . I've already used so many, over and over again ! ! !

BTW . . . .

"Nothing Found"

at the "romulus" URL.

Last edited:

Curly

I always enjoy looking at your pens John.

May I ask about the flat bottomed holes? Most people have the 118º point from the drill bit at the bottom of their holes. You have a nice flat bottom (not you, your pen) in the cap and barrel. Are you using a boring bar with a radiused tip or some other tooling?
Thanks
Pete

jalbert

I always enjoy looking at your pens John.

May I ask about the flat bottomed holes? Most people have the 118º point from the drill bit at the bottom of their holes. You have a nice flat bottom (not you, your pen) in the cap and barrel. Are you using a boring bar with a radiused tip or some other tooling?
Thanks
Pete
Good eye! I use a reamer in the barrel to flatten out the hole, and I use a boring bar inside the cap finial to make that hole flat bottomed.

jalbert

I love everything about that pen ! ! ! ! ! . :D

Too bad there are not more "superlatives" in the English language . . . I've already used so many, over and over again ! ! !

BTW . . . .

"Nothing Found"

at the "romulus" URL.
Oh yea, I shut that down a few years back after I realized how much of a pain in the butt it was to actually try to formalize this into a business of sorts. I guess I should remove that link from my signature

Top Bottom