Teaching woodturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jonkou

Teaching my 7 yo granddaughter to turn a top for the first time, we've since made many more together. I help hold the tool parallel and maintain contact on the toolrest while she push/pulls to make the cut. She now has a good feel for the cut, currently working on mechanics and will soon be ready to try on her own. Hope this motivates you to share your passion and pass on your knowledge to the kids in your life, it will be the most meaningful turning project you ever do.

A11922CD-F42A-46CD-83CC-7B2C71300271.jpeg

FF3E4444-39D7-46CC-B9D6-B5E069496558.jpeg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

Good to see someone in your family's interested. My family likes what I do and wants me to make gifts for them to pass out but their not to interested in learning. I have thought several others to turn pens, young and old. I also noticed your Tee Shirt. It must have been a big touch to last from New Hampshire to Hawaii!!

WarEagle90

Hats off to you John. Taking the time to share your passion for wood turning with your granddaughter is great. We could all learn something from you. Creating these memories will be something both of you will treasure for a lifetime. Thanks for sharing with us.

Good to see the interest your granddaughter shows. I wish more kids would get into woodworking and the schools would get to offering shop classes like when I was in school.

Top Bottom