Teaching Classes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimm1

After my retirement and a couple of months of free time, I started working at our local Woodcraft store. Been teaching pen turning. Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_0023.jpeg
    IMG_0023.jpeg
    465.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0024.jpeg
    IMG_0024.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4707.jpeg
    IMG_4707.jpeg
    392.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_4706.jpeg
    IMG_4706.jpeg
    583.4 KB · Views: 101
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Darios

Love your choice of pen kit. Definitely a kinder start than the much maligned slimline.

Woodchipper

Good to have a backup for retirement. You will wonder when you had time to work. Most start out with the Slimline but that kit and blanks are excellent. Thanks for sharing the story, the class and the pens. Looks like we will have some new members.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Great job!

Starting with a single tube pen makes the process easier and more enjoyable for the new turners.
It also opens the door to a follow-up class for two tube pens (cigar would be my choice, but any rollerball could also be phase 2)
Might mention this to your WoodCraft owner, if they are not already doing it.

donstephan

Teaching well is so very difficult. How to accomodate varying turning experience levels. Haws anyone NOT used sandpaper before? "Riding the bevel" does NOT mean pressure on the wood. How to explain something so intuitively obvious. I can't help you with such "unique" manner of holding and manipulating the tools. . . .

Top Bottom