Tap and Die set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Unused Tap and die set from a previous IAP group buy many years ago. HSS M12x2.4 and matching M12x.8Px2.4L

SOLD!

Attachments

• IMG_7853.jpg
    IMG_7853.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7852.jpg
    IMG_7852.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RobS

Good morning, would you mind clarifying something for us:

M12x.8Px2.4L, My apologies I do not know how to read this:
M12 = 12mm OD
X.8 = 0.8 PITCH
2.4L = ??? (What does this part mean, I'm used to this being a 2 or 3 for double or triple start).

Thank you

Bats

2.4L = ??? (What does this part mean, I'm used to this being a 2 or 3 for double or triple start).
I believe that "L" refers to the lead, which is similar to the pitch (in that it's a distance from one thread crest to another), but it's the distance from one start to the next, or the travel a hypothetical nut makes in one revolution - so Pitch * Starts = Lead, or, in this case, 2.4mm Lead / .08mm Pitch = 3 Start.

(had to dust off some embarrassingly rusty CNC knowledge to come up with that one, so I apologize in advance if I mangled any of the details. I've been neglecting my machining for pens far too much lately)

I believe that "L" refers to the lead, which is similar to the pitch (in that it's a distance from one thread crest to another), but it's the distance from one start to the next, or the travel a hypothetical nut makes in one revolution - so Pitch * Starts = Lead, or, in this case, 2.4mm Lead / .08mm Pitch = 3 Start.

(had to dust off some embarrassingly rusty CNC knowledge to come up with that one, so I apologize in advance if I mangled any of the details. I've been neglecting my machining for pens far too much lately)
Thank you for that clarification. The set was purchased and never used. I've sold most of my turning gear and have bits like this and turning stock that I'll start selling.

Marty

Marko50

You bet! I look forward to getting it. It's the right tool I've been on the look-out for.

Thanks a bunch Marty. Enjoy your weekend!

Top Bottom