TANNING A SNAKESKIN-FINAL STEP 1 OF 2

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

seamus7227

posted this in conjunction with this thread: ~~COPPERHEAD SNAKES!!!~~
~~~pardon the hole in the shirt, i dont dress up when doing this kind of stuff. :rolleyes:

There have been some questions brought up about the steps after which the snakeskins have been removed from the solution(5 days after soaking). So i made a quick video today.

Once the skins have been removed from the solution, they are thoroughly rinsed with a water hose(spray nozzle attached using the "jet" setting). I first spray the underside which will have a milky appearance and that is any remaining solution rinsing off of the skin, this is good. Then flip it over and begin to spray one side of the skin from top to bottom working from the middle of the skin to the outside and you will notice the scale covers coming off! This is a good thing, as it creates less work when wrapping the skins around the tube and all helps prevent casting failures as well.
Now, this leads right into the video here

Hope this helps. Eventually, i will have the entire series complete. At that point we will need to add it to the library.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

No it does not help. It is gross. :)

I will only touch them once encased in PR. Let me know when you get to that step so I can buy them and turn. :)

Mason Kuettel

Thanks, Seamus! Always trying to get better at this, now all I need to do is learn how to cast them! A pressure pot is going to be in my near future, I think.

Top Bottom