Tailstock DRO by Mike Roux (bluwolf)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Mike Roux (bluwolf) made a Tailstock DRO for my Micromark Microlux 7 X 14 " Mini Lathe. I took some pictures to give people an appreciation of the time, planning and work that he put into this project. Mike machined components that fit precisely on the quill and the side of the tailstock on whiich the DRO unit/scale is mounted. I'm working on a pen now and the unit works great. It sure beats marking drill bits....and a whole lot more precise. The pictures are in two separate posts...the first is of the lathe with the unit mounted...the second post contains the closeup pictures of the different stages of installation, the components that Mike machined as well as a closeup of the installed DRO unit. Mike...Thanks so much...!!! Regards, Doc:)

Attachments

• 20120618_DRO_8.jpg
    20120618_DRO_8.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 550
  • 20120618_DRO_7.jpg
    20120618_DRO_7.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
You didn't mess around Doc. You bought a high end DRO, and had an expert install it. Very nice set up. I'm sure you're enjoying it. Can't wait to see the pens.:biggrin:

bluwolf

Doc,

Your pix make it better looking than it really is. Thanks:biggrin: How do you like the DROs on your cross and compound slides? Now all you need is a DRO on your long axis and you're good to go. And that's the easy one.

Mike

Timebandit

LOL....look how clean Docs shop is!!!! That thing is spotless, doesnt even look like he has even turned that metal lathe on :)............ Mike did a great job on this and i know it will be a huge help.

John Den

I really admire the design of this fixture. Seems much more robust than my attempt!

I fitted my one about 6 months ago and wonder how I ever managed counting the turns of the hand wheel ( 17 turns to the inch is a really easy number to remember and work with ????) This is a real worthwhile modification.

My DRO Attempt :-

JDK Tailstock DRO.jpg

I was really happy to see you bit the bullet and fitted the Slide DRO kit that you had under the bench for a year. Really useful aren't they?

Kind regards
John

Top Bottom