From Woodturningz. First of 3. Notice the glass breaker

Attachments

• 6B82F508-1B79-4F99-8459-A812EA37F009.jpeg
    6B82F508-1B79-4F99-8459-A812EA37F009.jpeg
    244 KB · Views: 295
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice looking pen !!!

Could be useful for more than writing .... as long as it stays in the right hands !

TonyL

Nice work! Can it core an apple, oh chef of the future? :) You guys know who said that?

TonyL

That is a nice pen. I'll take my Ka-bar for breaking a car window over the one on the pen kit. Maybe it's supposed to be used for breaking into a wine bottle:eek:😂
That is funny. If I ever pulled that out to open a window, my wife would ask me if I was writing a "PLEASE HELP" sign. Hey, if one is in a jam, it beats breaking a window with your elbow! I think they are pretty cool.

greenacres2

That is a nice pen. I'll take my Ka-bar for breaking a car window over the one on the pen kit. Maybe it's supposed to be used for breaking into a wine bottle:eek:😂

Side windows on cars pop easily with a spring loaded punch--they're supposed to break. That punch on the end of the pen, in the corner of the window and a 4 year old could break it!!
earl

It's fixed. I think the pen is more of a defensive striker.
Side windows on cars pop easily with a spring loaded punch--they're supposed to break. That punch on the end of the pen, in the corner of the window and a 4 year old could break it!!
earl

Earl, please take this as an explanation, not a criticism of your post or in anyway a disrespect of your thoughts.
I'm far from 4 years old and if you'll notice the maker states that the glass breaker is fixed, no spring loaded punch. First problem. Second problem, the size of this pen is pretty narrow, better have a really strong grip or small hands (like a 4 year old). If you don't, when you get out of the car/truck etc. you'll have to pull the pens clip out of your hand. Back in my working days all our company cars had window breakers in them and they all looked like small hammers, and yes, they worked great on windows as we were instructed and taught how to use them. But as you point out, if this was spring loaded it would do a number on the window. ;)

WriteON

I would not use it for glass. I thought they were defensive strikers. Not really tactical. The tip not anatomically formed for that. I bought the kits for fun. They'll most likely stay in a display case for 100 years. My 2nd of 3. The 3rd cracked (blank) on assembly.

Attachments

• C0AD8858-4610-42E7-A71E-BE5BE24DD40C.jpeg
    C0AD8858-4610-42E7-A71E-BE5BE24DD40C.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

greenacres2

Earl, please take this as an explanation, not a criticism of your post or in anyway a disrespect of your thoughts.
I'm far from 4 years old and if you'll notice the maker states that the glass breaker is fixed, no spring loaded punch. First problem. Second problem, the size of this pen is pretty narrow, better have a really strong grip or small hands (like a 4 year old). If you don't, when you get out of the car/truck etc. you'll have to pull the pens clip out of your hand. Back in my working days all our company cars had window breakers in them and they all looked like small hammers, and yes, they worked great on windows as we were instructed and taught how to use them. But as you point out, if this was spring loaded it would do a number on the window. ;)

No worries. I've broken a lot of car windows over the years--it doesn't take a hammer for a side window. Not much more than a firm rap in the corner by the B-pillar from that Tactical pen should do it. Windshield is a whole different story--i'll take a Glas-Master every time!!
earl

No worries. I've broken a lot of car windows over the years--it doesn't take a hammer for a side window. Not much more than a firm rap in the corner by the B-pillar from that Tactical pen should do it. Windshield is a whole different story--i'll take a Glas-Master every time!!
earl

I had a friend many years back that took out a Volkswagen Beetle windshield when his girlfriend was driving and slammed on the breaks. No seat belts in the car so he put his hands up, hit the windshield and blew it right out over the front hood. He wasn't hurt but it sure made for a funny story.

greenacres2

I had a friend many years back that took out a Volkswagen Beetle windshield when his girlfriend was driving and slammed on the breaks. No seat belts in the car so he put his hands up, hit the windshield and blew it right out over the front hood. He wasn't hurt but it sure made for a funny story.

WOW--no video camera in those days, but that would have been cool to see happen...since he walked away!! Didn't the early VW Beetle imports have a separate heater of some kind as well? They were neat cars though!!
earl

WOW--no video camera in those days, but that would have been cool to see happen...since he walked away!! Didn't the early VW Beetle imports have a separate heater of some kind as well? They were neat cars though!!
earl

I don't really know about the heater but I can still see them driving up all wind blown and the windshield in the back seat. It didn't break the window just launched it over the hood. This was the same car we used to play "Lane Change" to the song "Resurrection Shuffle". The object of the game was to drive down the road at about 45 and see if you could lane change between the white lines. Needless to say the lane changes were pretty drastic and the passenger(s) got thrown around pretty good. How the heck did we ever survive?

WriteON

3rd of 3. The pen seems to be a good defensive striker. The point is sharp. It would definitely be effective if properly used. I might buy a few more. Well constructed. I like it.

Attachments

• 1778C395-8399-4006-B710-8202C8C76FEB.jpeg
    1778C395-8399-4006-B710-8202C8C76FEB.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 187
Top Bottom