Tablet Stand from Book

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from kludge77

kludge77

Not strictly woodworking, but I used all my woodworking tools to make and shape it.

Micarta is the process of gluing layers together to make a composite material. Knife makers have been using it for years to make knife scales. Here I'm putting it to a slight less orthodox function!

qSHf22bl.jpg

After almost 30 ounces of epoxy I was getting close to exhausting my supply!

JGTuP0el.jpg

Even with all these clamps there was still a slight wave to the pages

xFD3rLll.jpg

I really wanted to get down to the words. Now this is heavy reading[/img] The resin added quite a bit of weight to the book!

1EBeRzjl.jpg

I put on a brand new belt for my sander and it was totally gummed up by the end. And you should have seen the dust cloud! Even with my air filter it took an hour to clear...

2TMLbbNl.jpg

Cutting the groove was a simple matter of setting the blade to 20* and making a series of passes.

HmI9YFKl.jpg

Add a little enamel for protection and you're done!

rpc2LELl.jpg

Those 400 pages hold but a single story, and now they can upright a device capable of holding thousands of stories.

Those 400 pages hold but a single story, and now they can upright a device capable of holding thousands of stories. It really is the ultimate upcycling!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJhF08DX2ss

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

That is a fascinating idea. I never would have thought of it myself. Plus, what a conversation piece it makes. Thanks for posting it.

Top Bottom