Synthetic Malachite

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alamocdc

alamocdc

Had one piece left that had been pre-tubed for a SL so I decided to go this route. I am REALLY starting to like this stuff! Cecilia, if you read this, please PM me with the source. I think I know just where I'll be using it.

2008325234350_slimSG_synth_azurite.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Thanks, Marc!

Oh, I almost forgot. I used my new JohnnyCNC bushings on this one. WOW!!!!! If you don't have some, spend the money! They are well worth it.

bitshird

Very nice looking pen, the new Tru-Stone is great stuff
Try R.T Research they are the ones that manufacture the Tru-stone, get the flexible material, thre regular is prettier but is nearly impossible to turn, I have about 20 pounds of the stuff I'd sure like to get rid of.

alamocdc

Thanks again, all. Ken (and Cav), I checked out RT, but one of the blanks I got from Cecilia was called bubblegum swirl and I can't find it listed there. But it does look an awful lot like Blue River Agate from the non-pliable page. I'm not sure this is the pliable anyway. It's some of the hardest stuff I've ever turned, but I had no problem getting it to ribbon for me once I got my skew sharp. But thanks for the link. I'll keep it and give them a look.;)

redfishsc

Originally posted by alamocdc

Had one piece left that had been pre-tubed for a SL so I decided to go this route. I am REALLY starting to like this stuff! Cecilia, if you read this, please PM me with the source. I think I know just where I'll be using it.

That is from HUT Products, and I believe it is called "Acryligem". I have used it before but was unimpressed by it.

Someone here mentioned Trustone. This is NOT trustone-- the Trustone or Gemstone (same thing) malachite has some black in it. This pen is the HUT pen, but I prefer the Trustone/Gemstone blanks by far.

Great work on your pen-- your malachite blank was much nicer than the blah one they sent me. I especially like how you did the center band.

Give the Gemstone (Arizona Silhouette) or the Trustone (CSA) a shot. Same thing. Great product. Turns and drills even easier than the HUT stuff you have.

Top Bottom