Sweet Gum Ball Cast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

Gum balls from my yard in PR resin, Wall Street II elegant.

D46D13A9-4CAC-4AF0-B155-CB30C27F8C76.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ccccchunt

Gum balls from my yard in PR resin, Wall Street II elegant.

View attachment 328303
Very nice Cody! I have boxes of sweetgum pods and what I like to call Sweet Gum "blobs". I picked them off the tree and some are the nice round shape but some are just big huge blobs. Any pointers on how to clean these properly before casting?? I bake them to dry them but I always seem to get a lot of "floaties" in my resin when I cast them. Help??

Cwalker935

Very nice Cody! I have boxes of sweetgum pods and what I like to call Sweet Gum "blobs". I picked them off the tree and some are the nice round shape but some are just big huge blobs. Any pointers on how to clean these properly before casting?? I bake them to dry them but I always seem to get a lot of "floaties" in my resin when I cast them. Help??
I usually pick them up off the ground after they fall and then dry them in a single layer in a toaster oven before casting. I do not understand the "blob" issue, have you tried laying them on a tarp and blowing the debris off with a leaf blower?

JohnU

Looks good! Those are fun to cast, much more than picking them up!

Try using the air compressor and a long nozzle to get the air in and around all of those little voids and inlets. Then drop a handful at a time in a mason jar with some denatured alcohol and shake them up real good. That should help clean them off.

Top Bottom