SWAT 2006

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Mc

WOW! SWAT 2006 is finished. What a great weekend of classes! We had 2 days of pen turning class rotations that were fantastic! Three off us taught special techniques for making pens and we had a full classroom for every class.
I met so many great people in person that I have only had the privilege of meeting online.

I want to THANK every person that I met since Friday and let you know that I truly appreciate your support and kind words.
Everyone has some fantastic ideas for pens and I look forward to seeing them finished.

Now....Take some of what we talk about in the classes and go have some fun!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

WOW! SWAT 2006 is finished. I must concurr with Ron. It was a great time, except I didn't win the Powermatic in the raffle! But the penturning track with 6 demonstrations by Ron McIntire, John
Solberg and Don Ward were very well attended. As Ron mentioned, the room was full each time...we averaged about 30 attendees each class. We met many friends with whom we have communicated via the forums or emails and I must say that was one of the highlights of the symposium. Penturners are great people. Thanks for the support and encouragement shown in the attendance numbers. I appreciate that as I know Ron and John do.

There were many impressive pens in the instant gallery. Both numbers and quality have improved over the last 4 years and there was even some nice pens displayed by a 12 year old.

I'm ready for SWAT 2007.
Originally posted by Ron Mc
<br />WOW! SWAT 2006 is finished. What a great weekend of classes! We had 2 days of pen turning class rotations that were fantastic! Three off us taught special techniques for making pens and we had a full classroom for every class.
I met so many great people in person that I have only had the privilege of meeting online.

I want to THANK every person that I met since Friday and let you know that I truly appreciate your support and kind words.
Everyone has some fantastic ideas for pens and I look forward to seeing them finished.

Now....Take some of what we talk about in the classes and go have some fun!

bca1313

I would have to agree that SWAT 2006 was great. As a newer turner it was great to meet some of the guys who have more experiance than I do. They had great insight and now I have some things I need to go try.

The penturning track was great. It covered a wide breadth of topics and each was presented in a manner that was easy to understand. So many times you have a speaker talk and then when you actually want to try it you find that many steps were left out or it is much harder than they explained. In these sessions each step was explained and questions answered.

All and all a great time and I am glad I could put some faces to the names on the board.

Ben

its_virgil

Hey Dario and the other IAP members. At SWAT Sunday the grand prize was a Powermatic lathe. I came oh so close to winning, but it went to the guy sitting next to me at the dinner table. It was our own Ben Anderson aka bca1313 and your neighbor. He was one excited turner. You must go over and make sure he is using that puppy and maybe he will let you turn a pen or bowl on it. CONGRATULATIONS BEN!!! Oh, by the way Ben, Ron told me he got your tickets mixed up with his[:D][}:)]. Show us a picture of you and your new arrival. It looks something like this.

2006102163848_1791254.jpg
<br />

Originally posted by Dario
<br />Looking forward the day I get to attend one of these meets. [:)]

bca1313

I will get a picture up soon. I need to figure out the upload. All my pictures end up way to big to upload.

It is a pretty cool lathe and it has signatures all over it.

Dario

Ben,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

If you need a storage for one of your bigger lathes...I can make room in my small garage for it [}:)]

its_virgil

Oh yea, I forgot about that. All of the "LEAD" demonstrators autographed it...maybe Ron, John, and I can come and sign it for you...the SWAT director forgot to get us to sing it, but you may not want any penturner's autographs on it with the 'big guns'![:D][}:)][;)]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by bca1313
<br />I will get a picture up soon. I need to figure out the upload. All my pictures end up way to big to upload.

It is a pretty cool lathe and it has signatures all over it.

bca1313

What do you mean big guns... I guess now I know which lathe to let go. Time to have a bubbasville in San Antonio so you all can come sign it. Seeing as how almost all my turning experiance is with pens that is what I learned the most about at SWAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom