Survived Hurricane Ida

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmac

First day being able to get on internet using a hotspot since hurricane, but wanted to let everyone know we are OK and good. Limited phone, no power and don't know when, spotty internet if I am lucky. Today was first day to be able to get out of subdivision due to tree and powerlines across road. Big uprooted tree just barley missed shop. No damage to house. The biggest problem is finding gas to keep the generator running, average wait time in line to get gas is 2 to 3 hours and hope they don't run out before you make it to the pump. One of the largest refineries in the country in the area, but our great Governor and DA president are working to get more gas available. Two peas in a pod!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WriteON

Glad you're ok. Good luck getting back to normal. Last night was hairy in Pa. Flooding and multiple tornados. We're ok but lot's of damage in surrounding communities.

Saw some of the devastation in Louisiana and north east... up in east Tennessee we got lots of rain, but nothing that would even start to compare with what happened to you guys.... glad all are safe. Haven't been through a hurricane since Rita in 2005 just before we moved to TN.
They are not fun to say the least.

Everyone keep safe and hopefully back to some normality very soon.

sbwertz

Son in CT doing fine...7 inches of rain, but they live on top of a hill so no flooding. Power didn't go out in their town. No trees down this time. He said about two cups of water seeped into the basement. Any time he can clean up a leak with a sponge and a Dixie cup is a good day.

bmac

Thanks for the comments and well wishes, they are appreciated. We will make it through this and hopefully return normal, whatever that is.

Bobby

bmac

Well, we were 12 without power and 17 days without internet service, which I think set a record for hurricane
outages. There are still a lot of people without power and then TD Nicholas dumps heavy rain on already affected areas.
Can we just jump ahead to 2022 and start fresh??

Bobby
Louisiana

Bats

Can we just jump ahead to 2022 and start fresh??
I think I was asking the same question a year ago. Maybe we better go for 2025, just to be on the safe side.

(although the way things are going, there may not be much left)

Top Bottom