Surgery went great

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I want to let you know that my surgery went very well and I'm back home. My doctor found the nerve crushed in two places so his diagnosis of Tarcel Tunnel was correct. I have a splint on my foot and I can't put any weight on it for 3 to 4 weeks after that I'll have a walking boot. I wont be able to go back to work as long as I have to have that. I should be able to go back full duty in 12 weeks. I'm hoping to be able to turn before then.
I want to sincerely thank everyone for your prayers, well wishes, encouragement and support. Each and everyone of you are a true blessing to Evelyn and me it's things like this that make IAP such and awesome place.
I'll keep you up to date on my progress.....I may not be around much in the next few days what with having to take pain medication.

Attachments

• 1409960045805.jpg
    1409960045805.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

stonepecker

Happy to hear that everything went well. Now listen to the doctors and your wife and heal properly.
Get some books and DVD's and sit down. Read, watch, rest......everything else can wait.

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Glad to hear the surgery went well Dan.
We will continue to pray for a smooth & speedy recovery.
I hope you have the NFL package - looks like you'll have lot's of TV time for a while. :)

BSea

That's good news. Hope you get back to turing soon. In the time being, don't rush it. I made that mistake after back surgery, and spent the 2nd week in bed.

dtswebb

Glad to hear the surgery went well.

On the plus side, you can now read EVERY article in the library (and likely memorize them). Think of all the techniques you'll be wanting to try!

And I'll agree with Harry - keep the posts coming. Heck, you have the opportunity to keep the rest of us laughing when you post while on pain medication.

solobiker

Happy to hear all went well. Take care of yourself and hope to still see you around here even if you can't turn for awhile.

robutacion

Well mate, the worse is now gone, from here on, lets hope the healing goes well and without any complications, was time to give a "flick" the the unnecessary pain, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Be well,

Cheers
George

foot?

I want to let you know that my surgery went very well and I'm back home. My doctor found the nerve crushed in two places so his diagnosis of Tarcel Tunnel was correct. I have a splint on my foot and I can't put any weight on it for 3 to 4 weeks after that I'll have a walking boot. I wont be able to go back to work as long as I have to have that. I should be able to go back full duty in 12 weeks. I'm hoping to be able to turn before then.
I want to sincerely thank everyone for your prayers, well wishes, encouragement and support. Each and everyone of you are a true blessing to Evelyn and me it's things like this that make IAP such and awesome place.
I'll keep you up to date on my progress.....I may not be around much in the next few days what with having to take pain medication.

Know thats the roughest lookimg pen I ever saw. You might to work on your tec-nek. ;-)

wyone

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Time to rest, and relax a bit and do NOTHING. I am sure you have put in enough days in your life that you deserve to be able to do that! And when you are up and about, I have no doubt your mind will have created a new pen. :) :)

Carl Fisher

Glad to hear everything went well.

That picture looks so familiar. Are they moving you to a solid cast at some point or do you get to be lucky and stay in the soft until it's time for a boot?

4 days left for me before the cast comes off! Can't wait.

vidios

Happy to hear that everything went well. Now listen to the doctors and your wife and heal properly.
Get some books and DVD's and sit down. Read, watch, rest......everything else can wait.

I watched a video yesterday where this collored guy that made letter openers. He was showing how to segment, and he did everything with a chopsawIf I can find it, I'll try to sent it to you.
ps;This will help you keep off your foot. Get a little brass bell and ring it everytime you want something. It will drive your wife crazy, but you will stay off that foot.;-)

pesto126

So glad to hear... enjoy your time of rest... its so rare one gets the opportunity!

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks for all the fantastic replies. Edgar there wont be any football I'm not much of a fan since they went on strike. I will find video on YouTube. I'm going to really take it easy there is nothing more important then that. I'll be in this soft cast for a bit then my doc will give me the boot. Since I will be off for a while I going to see about getting a government grant to build a pen turning robot I can control from my couch. It's something useless and wasteful so I should have no problem getting the grant to get started and funding for the next 50 years. :biggrin:

turncrazy43

Dan, glad all went well. Follow the doctor and Evelyn's orders and don't try to rush it. The last thing you need is a set back from being to eager to resume your usual regime of activities. Best wishes.

walshjp17

Glad to hear everything went well. Instead of the robot, use the grant for a Robust or Oneway sit-down lathe:wink::wink:

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
John That's in the plan...along with a much bigger shop that's heated and cooled and so much more. I'm going to do what my doc and more importantly what Evelyn tell me to do.

Top Bottom