Superman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from btboone

btboone

Here's a new ring I did that has a strange diamond, almost in the shape of Superman's emblem. The ring is made from titanium and the diamond is very flat and has no girdle at the pointy end. It was quite a challenge to make and have the stone fit properly.

Very different. I think it looks pretty cool in person.

Attachments

• superman.jpg
    superman.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mr

Send a photo to Shaq if it is not already sold. :biggrin:

Pretty cool ring. Still like mine better. :biggrin:

IPD_Mrs

That is very unique Bruce. I'm still rather fond of your originals, but then I'm a bit traditional at heart (shhhhh don't tell :wink:). Truth be told anyone that is lucky enough to sport one of your creations is truly a very lucky individual no matter which one they have - your work is incredible!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
That's a stunner for sure!! Did you have the diamond cut like that, or buy it because of it's shape already? I'd love to see the tiny cutter that you use to cut the retaining groove.

...and when are you going to do another pen? :biggrin:

btboone

That one was a custom one to match a stone that a customer had bought. I had a hard time visualizing what he was talking about until I saw the diamond myself. I've certainly never seen a stone like that before. We talked back and forth and came up with a design that he liked.

The undercutting tool was like a tiny sawblade on a shaft. It was about 2.5mm diameter and .5mm thick. I had to make the retaining groove get wider as it got to the point. It got to almost 2mm wide near the point.

I just heard that my new laser is leaving Italy on Monday. It should be able to open up some doors, including pen designs that weren't possible before. I'm having zoolike days with the rings right now. Monday and Wednesday were huge and the other days weren't slackers.

Top Bottom