Superbowl pool - UPDATED GRID !!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

Bob, just to clarify (this is a complicated mix) basically you get 4 pulls of the slot machine handle for having payed just one coin. I thought about this also after I hit send but figured people are going to get confused enough.
Just for everyone else. My definition of a "Game" is when there is a winner it is the end of a game. So in my post above the superbowl is being divided into 4 games each quarter being one game. but you only have to pay out for one of them while still having the chance to win in all 4. Hope that helps.

Just to clarify......
There is only 1 overall game but 4 chances to win based on 1 winner in each of the 4 quarters. ANY individual can win in ANY quarter of the game, however, you will only send out blanks ONCE for the entire game based on which group you end up in - group 1,2,3 or 4
ex. - If you are in the first quarter group, you will only send blanks to the winner of the first quarter - no more.
Hope that helps
Bob

bobleibo

Bob, just to clarify (this is a complicated mix) basically you get 4 pulls of the slot machine handle for having payed just one coin. I thought about this also after I hit send but figured people are going to get confused enough.
Just for everyone else. My definition of a "Game" is when there is a winner it is the end of a game. So in my post above the superbowl is being divided into 4 games each quarter being one game. but you only have to pay out for one of them while still having the chance to win in all 4. Hope that helps.

Ha! That is perfect.........except I can pull the slot machine handle a billion times and all I'll end up with is a very sore arm! Now you know why they invented those slots with the push buttons to make the wheels spin - all because of me.
My friend told me how cut my losses in Vegas - just mail them a check and save the gas money!
Cheers
Bob

dgscott

uh -- I think I should have spent more time in bars watching football than in graduate school. I understand quantum theory a lot better than the pool. When it's all over, let me know to whom I lost!
Doug

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I'll just PM you my address so you can get things packaged up. Ship them to me now or later, doesn't matter to me. :biggrin:

uh -- I think I should have spent more time in bars watching football than in graduate school. I understand quantum theory a lot better than the pool. When it's all over, let me know to whom I lost!
Doug

bobleibo

Don't ship the blanks out just yet...I've seen some people win with some pretty wacky numbers that no one thought stood a chance

Good Luck to everyone!

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
You never know when a missed PAT or a 2 pt conversion will happen to make the more "unique" scores happen.

bobleibo

Here you go...the final grid for POOL #1

NOTE: The quarter sectors and AFC/NFC are different from Pool #2

What happened to the Vikings ?

Last edited:
Let's see if I got this right. Since i am in the group that sends to the person who wins the first quarter, I am going to be shipping blanks to MarkGum?

Congrats Mark!

bobleibo

Let's see if I got this right. Since i am in the group that sends to the person who wins the first quarter, I am going to be shipping blanks to MarkGum?

Congrats Mark!

Greg
You are in the group for the second quarter (look at the colors on the bottom). If Mark wins the second quarter, then you'll be shipping your blanks off to him.....or maybe it will be the other way around.
Good Luck

workinforwood

wow...I have 0 and 1 in the first quarter! I don't even think that's possible in football to pull that off. What would I need...colts 30 and saint 11 in the first quarter? Manning better eat his wheaties.

Buzzzz4

wow...I have 0 and 1 in the first quarter! I don't even think that's possible in football to pull that off. What would I need...colts 30 and saint 11 in the first quarter? Manning better eat his wheaties.

I was thinking 0 to 21 would be a great possibility, but then again I really don't watch football except for the adds during the super bowl. I figure by participating now i have a reason to watch the game.

workinforwood

That would not be possible though Eric, because there's no way the Saints are going to have 21 points and the Colts have none! Chances are it will be a close game, but if it is a run away, it won't be by the Saints. All I know for sure is that I better round up some blanks!

PTownSubbie

Jeff,

I could be wrong but this is the way I understand it......

Your 0 & 1 is good for all the quarters.

The grid is just divided up into four sections so that people only have to send blanks one time rather than once for each quarter. If you are in the first quarter section, you send to the person with the winning digits at the end of the first quarter. This happens at the end of each quarter and are responsible to only send during your assigned quarter rather than all four.

Man, that is hard to explain...... Hope it makes sense. Maybe Bob can weigh-in on this to verify.....

Karin Voorhis

I sooo will not be watching game! I will be watching IAP as well as enjoying non interruption shop time.!

I am having fun here though. I guess you add pens and blanks and tools I will like anything else around it!.

I have 4 packages of nice blanks packed up ready to be sent out. However that does not mean I can't still win!!! I am just prepared so that I can drop in mail As soon as postal office opens after the game.

dustmaker

Jeff,

I could be wrong but this is the way I understand it......

Your 0 & 1 is good for all the quarters.

The grid is just divided up into four sections so that people only have to send blanks one time rather than once for each quarter. If you are in the first quarter section, you send to the person with the winning digits at the end of the first quarter. This happens at the end of each quarter and are responsible to only send during your assigned quarter rather than all four.

Man, that is hard to explain...... Hope it makes sense. Maybe Bob can weigh-in on this to verify.....

Yes, that is my understanding as well, and I think you did a good job explaining it too. Potentially (but not likely) one person could win all 4 quarters.

bobleibo

CLARIFICATION !!!!!!
Just so we are clear......the numbers you have are good for the ENTIRE game. If ANY quarter ends with your numbers, you win that particular quarter. The only distinction for the quarters is which group you are in to send blanks to.

The folks that have explained how it works have done a good job clarifying it....hope everyone understands that you can win in ANY quarter, not just the sector where your name is.
Cheers
Bob

bobleibo

are you going to post the winners or the message them

I will post a list of the winners as well as a list of who has to send blanks and to whom.
If you follow the grid and the original guidelines, everyone will know the results at the end of each quarter of the game, but I will still post a master list.

Good Luck to everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

Only 2 more days!!! A few folks are going to be set for quite some time with blanks of every imaginable type....
Good Luck Everyone!
Bob

bobleibo

Kick off time 6:25 EST......don't pack up your blanks just yet...you never know.
Good Luck to All!
Cheers
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom