Super Bowl Champs Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
Be careful. There have been numerous mentions in the past of using unlicensed logos, in particular for the NFL that resulted in some strong legal recourses. Some companies have ongoing daily google type searches for specific mentions of specific words that have to do with their brand, and when they find one . . .

Logos, and in particular sports logos are well protected. On the other hand, if one is covered with a license, everything is just fine.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be curious about the licensing question too. There have been some recent court cases going after torrent sites for aiding and abetting criminal copyright infringement by enabling the distribution of pirated material. I wouldn't want the IAP dragged in to such a situation because we "enabled" the sale of such materials.

Seems like small potatoes, but it also seems like the bigger the entity, the more they like to protect their interests. A friend of mine worked in the legal dept at Nissan. They went after people selling even tiny quantities of unlicensed materials like keychains and stickers. The theory being, ignoring them could demonstrate to a court that they don't vigorously defend their licenses, setting a bad precedent.

I apologize to the OP that we've polluted your thread! We'll take any more discussion to Casual Conversation.

Top Bottom