WIsconsin IAP Chapter meeting

This Sunday Jan 8 at Noon

Woodcraft of Milwaukee
14115 W. Greenfield Ave.
New Berlin, WI 53151

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To everyone else who remembers that commercial--here's a fact to let you know you are growing old:

"Beautiful US30 dragstrip" closed in 1984, picture in 1985: (almost 40 years ago!!)

us30 dragstrip 1985 after closing 1984.jpg

greenacres2

You can still see US 30 Drag Strip on Google Earth. I was over that way a few months ago, there is no way to drive into the land that it's on (that was reasonable in business attire--and since it was before a client meeting i didn't feel adding mud & blood to a navy blazer was prudent!!)
On Google Earth, type in "Toyota of Merrillville" and the drag strip is just to the north, running east to west.
Where the Great Ones Run, Run, Run...
earl
p.s.--or am i confusing US 30 with whatever drag strip was in Union Grove, WI???? Maybe Union Grove and US 30 both used the tag lines??? (disregard--i'm seeing US 30 in Ed's photo now!!)

howsitwork

To the uk contingent. Northern wood workers group meeting , THIS SUNDAY at Sowerby parochial hall .

We still have no bacon butties !!! So bring supplies people !!😋

PS We also have a local drag strip called the A1(M) but his majesties police have strong views on it's use , and lots of speed cameras 😉

KMCloonan

To everyone else who remembers that commercial--here's a fact to let you know you are growing old:

"Beautiful US30 dragstrip" closed in 1984, picture in 1985: (almost 40 years ago!!)

View attachment 346339
I DO remember those commercials. "See Mr Norm's Charger" "See motorcycle daredevils risk their lives on a clay track at speeds of over 80 miles per hour SUNDAY!!! We heard these over and over and over....

GJRichter

The Great Lakes Dragaway (Union Grove WI) did use the same tag line in their radio ads

And Great Lakes is still in operation after all these years

Top Bottom