Summer Extravaganza Pretty Wood pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
In addition to the Universal Contest Rules, https://www.penturners.org/threads/universal-contest-rules.133052/
the following rules apply:

Blank Material

-Your blank material must be wood. No plastics, no composites, no metal, no casting, no mixed wood and plastics, nor any material other than wood is allowed.

-No embellishments to the blank are allowed. This means, for example, no inlay, onlay, overlay, stickers, oops bands, CNC, laser art, segmenting, lamination, celtic knots, burning, engraving, or carving is allowed and will cause disqualification.

-Stabilized wood is allowed.

-Dyes, stains, pigmentation, paints, or any other colorants are not allowed.

Pen kit/component hardware

-Any commercially available kit/component hardware may be used, whether ballpoint, fountain, or rollerball.

-No modification to the kit/component hardware is allowed. You must use all parts of the stock kit/component set.

-Kitless pens are not allowed.

Photographs

You may submit up To 3 photos of your pen.
-Consider a photograph size of 800 x 600 as ideal. The contest chair reserves the right to resize photographs or slightly crop them to achieve a consistent image size.

-You may use a commercially available, clear plastic pen stand as a prop.

-You may use a small off-cut of your pretty wood blank as a prop.

-No other props are allowed.

-Use a single-colored, plain background. The color and intensity of the background affects the highlights of your pen. The background should let your pen stand out, not interfere with it.

-No montages, watermarks, or any other identifying marks that might reveal the identity of the maker.

To Enter

Submit your entry by email to: prettywoodpencontest@penturners.org and include the following with your entry:

-Name, Username, email address,
-the pretty wood you chose to use
-the pictures required.

Do not post your entry in this thread

One entry per person

Entries for The Pretty Wood Contest will be accepted starting August 12, 2017, and ending August 26, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.

Please post questions in this thread.

Get busy, good luck, and let us see your Pretty Wood Pen.

Prizes
First place $100 Gift Certificate from Robutacion
Second Place A BOB from Edgar
Third Place A BOB from greenacres2

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brotherdale

Finally! I was out of the country all of May June and July and now it to hot in Houston for me to set up my pan making stuff. I made a pen just a couple of days before I left and even took the pictures in anticipation of the Summer Extravaganza!

Dehn0045

Not sure If I'll find time to defend my crown from last year but I'll try to get something going over the weekend 😬

I did this when i read the first half of your post :p🤘
That quickly changed to this 😭

Just kidding Fred, I always love seeing your work! No doubt the competition will be tough again. At least I can fight for second place :D

Fred Bruche

Darn! Now looks like I have no choice but to pick up your gauntlet Sam! ⚔ 😂
Life getting in the way I haven't turned much this year... 🤔 now if I could remember where the stash of special blanks is... I guess I have a week to find it... well for sure it ain't gonna be snakewood, that would take way too long without overheating it 😅

I did this when i read the first half of your post :p🤘
That quickly changed to this 😭

Just kidding Fred, I always love seeing your work! No doubt the competition will be tough again. At least I can fight for second place :D

Top Bottom