Suggestions for a Rollerball kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gabericks

I am trying to find a twist or a click rollerball, not ballpoint, kit. I am working on a pen for a writer that wants a higher quality (writing) pen for book signings. I cannot find anything like this. does anyone have any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JUICEDSS

I am trying to find a twist or a click rollerball, not ballpoint, kit. I am working on a pen for a writer that wants a higher quality (writing) pen for book signings. I cannot find anything like this. does anyone have any ideas?
I believe rollerball pens are usually capped as they will dry out. I have not seen any twist or click rollerball kits out there.

pshrynk

I have always understood roller ball to imply a need for a sealing cap to keep it from drying out. Maybe there are gel ink refills that don't dry out?

More4dan

The Pilot G2 refills write like a rollerball but don't have to be capped. You may have to modify the nose cone and lengthen the body. There are Parker type refills that are gel type that may give the feel you are looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

qquake

I don't know if they still do, but Parker used to make broad point refills. And Exotic has broad point gel refills.

TonyL

I use what Jim suggested for a RB feel in a BP. I have had very good experience with them; they do seem to run out of ink more quickly. I would buy at least 2 and have a new Schmidt 9000M on stand by. Good luck!

magpens

Excuse my ignorance. . Altho' I have heard of "gel" ink refills, I don't know how they differ from "ordinary" inks.

I got this blurb from the ExoticBlanks website using the link that Jim gave above:

" This new Monteverde Capless Ceramic Gel refill allows you to convert your ballpoint pen into a Capless Rollerball.

The Monteverde refill offers:
• For the first time ever this refill offers a
combination of a ceramic ball with gel ink
• Smooth, comfortable writing
• Finest developed inks
• Stainless steel tip with ceramic ball "

I would appreciate a brief account of the advantages of "gel ink" and "ceramic ball", please, if anyone would care to oblige me ! . Thanks.

pshrynk

I think it's because the gel ink flows more smoothly and the ceramic ball is also more smooth on the paper. It's noticeable in the experience of writing. Gel ink is about as smooth as the Roller ball refills, but not completely the experience.

Gabericks

Thanks for your reply. That was helpful. I'm trying to move on from the cheaper pens that I started making and want to settle in on a few great writing rollerballs.

Top Bottom