Success

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

Finally made it Laminated Brass to Wood. Thanks to the help received I Finally got it to hold together.
I used Epoxy Glue tapped it up before drilling used a small drill followed by the correct size drill.
Also I trimmed the corners of the blank on my bandsaw prior to turning.
Kept sharpening my chisels because brass seems to rapidly dull them.
The Wood is Warmara.
Please feel free to comment I would welcome your opinions.

Attachments

• 20211208_111453~2.jpg
    20211208_111453~2.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 175
  • 20211208_111441~2.jpg
    20211208_111441~2.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 167
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kcimdrib

Finally made it Laminated Brass to Wood. Thanks to the help received I Finally got it to hold together.
I used Epoxy Glue tapped it up before drilling used a small drill followed by the correct size drill.
Also I trimmed the corners of the blank on my bandsaw prior to turning.
Kept sharpening my chisels because brass seems to rapidly dull them.
The Wood is Warmara.
Please feel free to comment I would welcome your opinions.

Well done!
Thank you

Alan Morrison

Nicely done, Michael.
Knot looks good and the timber has a warm look about it. ( It's spelled Wamara by the way )

Alan

Kcimdrib

Nicely done, Michael.
Knot looks good and the timber has a warm look about it. ( It's spelled Wamara by the way )

Alan
Nicely done, Michael.

Alan
Think that's how I spelt it. Anyway thanks for your comments Alan. The Knots reasonable far from perfect. Still think I need a better Epoxy.

KMCloonan

Very nice! Working with brass (or any metal insert) can be challenging. Your knot looks awesome.

I finished a bubinga/brass pen last week (posted here), and last night my wife asked me to never make another one, because of all the "glitter" I made and tracked around the house. I need to do a better job with my dust collection when cutting metal or acrylic, to minimize the mess.

Kcimdrib

Very nice! Working with brass (or any metal insert) can be challenging. Your knot looks awesome.

I finished a bubinga/brass pen last week (posted here), and last night my wife asked me to never make another one, because of all the "glitter" I made and tracked around the house. I need to do a better job with my dust collection when cutting metal or acrylic, to minimize the mess.
Thank you Kevin I rarely turn Acrylic but it is messy I've only just started to turn metal inserts.

Kcimdrib

Just ordered some West System G/Flex 650 Epoxy Adhesive. Which may improve the adhesion problem. Anybody tried it.

Top Bottom