Sublimated Pen Blank Tutorial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

This is a little tutorial I put together on how I'm doing some of my clear cast pen blanks. Hopefully it's helpful and inspirational. I feel this could open up a whole new avenue of blank making.

Attachments

• Sublimated Pen Blank Tutorial.pdf
    443.6 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Excellent tutorial.
Two questions. Have you submitted this for inclusion in the library? And when you say that if using brass tubes they need to be painted with a high temperature paint, will powder coating work?

KenB259

Excellent tutorial.
Two questions. Have you submitted this for inclusion in the library? And when you say that if using brass tubes they need to be painted with a high temperature paint, will powder coating work?
I'm guessing would work. Paint has to be able to handle 375!degrees for 5 minutes. Wayne's working on adding it to the library.

Kenny Durrant

Very nice Ken. The deer really caught my eye. Sounds like a lot of work but then I'm not at all familiar with any of the process you mentioned. I'll sure keep my eyes and ears open for more information. Thanks

KenB259

I'm guessing would work. Paint has to be able to handle 375!degrees for 5 minutes.
Very nice Ken. The deer really caught my eye. Sounds like a lot of work but then I'm not at all familiar with any of the process you mentioned. I'll sure keep my eyes and ears open for more information. Thanks
It probably does sound like a lot of work, but its really not. Longest part of the process is waiting for the epoxy to dry. Results though are spectacular. The tubes are glossy and actually look like finished pens before you even cast them. I have two if the deer pen in the works. One a simple single tube, the other a hybrid with burl wood on each end.

Top Bottom