Stylish Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Kcimdrib

Kcimdrib

The Kit is a Stylish Twist Pen so I have attempted to add a bit of style. I think you know I like to put a bit of shape into my pens just turning cylinders with a slight bulge not for me if I think the kit and blank will take it.
Hope you like it please comment. Your input is important to me.

Attachments

• pen3.jpg
    pen3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 152
  • pen2.jpg
    pen2.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 147
  • pen1.jpg
    pen1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 139
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Michael

the colour scheme really works for that pen. Again I come down to the " how it feels in the hand to use" school of thought on the shape.

This weekend will be the first get together of the North Yorkshire woodworking club in 17 months so a lot of water to flow under bridges .

stay safe

Ian

Kcimdrib

Michael

the colour scheme really works for that pen. Again I come down to the " how it feels in the hand to use" school of thought on the shape.

This weekend will be the first get together of the North Yorkshire woodworking club in 17 months so a lot of water to flow under bridges .

stay safe

Ian
Thanks Ian yes they have to feel right but I like to add a little creativity its hard with pens because the lack of space and avoiding hitting the tube.
Good look with your club will be nice to talk Shavings again.
Mike

howsitwork

Thanks Ian yes they have to feel right but I like to add a little creativity its hard with pens because the lack of space and avoiding hitting the tube.
Good look with your club will be nice to talk Shavings again.
Mike
Mike

Its all about what appeals to you and who ever the pen is for. 🤔I have a Wenge fountain pen I made for me and it's melamine finished because you still get that lovely ( IMHO 🧘🏻‍♂️) open grain look and feel but a durable surface. Some say it should be sanded and filled to get a gloss finish but if I wanted it high gloss I'd have made it in plastic . I made my two sons fountain pens in acrylics they selected at Turners retreat when on holiday at Clumber park years back. That was what they wanted so …. that's what dad made.

Kcimdrib

Taking of Melamine finish I read an article somewhere which suggested to protect the finish till it hardens apply Carnubra Wax stick polish I have been doing this and seems to work protecting the finish when assembling the pen. When in use it wears off leaving the hardened Melamine finish.

mbeedy2

Thanks! It looks really nice! I will definitely be looking for it here in the US! (Or contact my wife's family across the pond for Christmas gift ideas!!! LOL)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'll agree that the shape is all what feels right, and having a variety will make it easier for sales or gifts. My mother wanted thin pens due to arthritis; my mother-in-law wanted thick pens due to... arthritis 🤣 . So while I prefer a more tapered style (aka: Bob in SF) with a bulb on the bottom, variety is excellent.

Very nice 'twist!' 👍

Kcimdrib

I'll agree that the shape is all what feels right, and having a variety will make it easier for sales or gifts. My mother wanted thin pens due to arthritis; my mother-in-law wanted thick pens due to... arthritis 🤣 . So while I prefer a more tapered style (aka: Bob in SF) with a bulb on the bottom, variety is excellent.

Very nice 'twist!' 👍
Cheers Ian.

Top Bottom