Stopper Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from StatProf

StatProf

Just turned my first stopper. How in the world do I get the stopper off of the mandrel without taking the blasted thing and smashing it into 8,000,000 pieces because I'm so frustrated??????????

Kyle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

juteck

Assuming you have it on a threaded mandrel, I use a rubber strap wrench like the one below. I bought mine at a discount tool store, but I've seen them at the dollar store as well.

1501539_lg.jpg

StatProf

Awesome idea. Of course, I may thrash it into 1000 pieces anyway (just out of principle).

KYle

Assuming you have it on a threaded mandrel, I use a rubber strap wrench like the one below. I bought mine at a discount tool store, but I've seen them at the dollar store as well.

1501539_lg.jpg

rimo

I have wrapped the madrel (and sometimes even the threads of the stopper when trying them on for size and they get stuck and unscrew from the stopper) with a rubber band. That usually will give you enough grip. Sometimes i have also needed to use some vise grips over the rubber band. Either should work for you and if you dont use too much force with the vise grips you shouldnt damage or mar anything.

Top Bottom