Stolen by SWMBO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from goldendj

goldendj

As soon as my wife saw this one, she claimed it as her own ... A bit shorter and lighter than the Vertex Supreme, she also loved the grain pattern. Virage fountain pen--part of last month's Berea Big Box Club--in stabilized spalted tamarind.

Attachments

• IMG_0017_edited_wm.jpg
    IMG_0017_edited_wm.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 302
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

duderubble

By the way, OH how I wish you hadn't mentioned the Berea Big Box. This was something I did not need to know about.

randyrls

SWMBO is a term that started on the old YAHOO Penturners group. But one day someone posted that they didn't understand the term..... "The best I can come up with is 'Selling Wife, Make Best Offer' ":D:D😂

On a serious note, it looks like there is a painting on the nib at least two faces..... Does anyone else see it?

duderubble

With all that is currently going on nowadays, do you think that this is an appropriate reply? Or, that it is funny in any way? Personally, I don't, I find it to be very denigrating towards women, and wonder why it hasn't been removed by now??
I didn't intend it that way. It's a twist on the actual meaning, which if you get right down to it is also denigrating to women, suggesting they are capricious, temperamental and prone to revenge. From the one who is imperial and demanding to the one who is subservient. It's sexist either way. You never see HWMBO.

ramaroodle

I'm sure duderubble didn't mean it that way so I say this with sarcasm so don't take it the wrong way. HWMBO would be offensive, demeaning and misogynistic, while SWMBO is just a fact. Being black, I am quite sensitive to what's going on. Being married for 36 years means I know the truth when I hear it. She really must be obeyed. :cool:

Top Bottom