Stick with Ink (clicker style)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rixstix

rixstix

Literally a stick with ink. Things didn't go well with the project at hand so this is the result of using the pieces to salvage some semblance of a pen without having to mix different blanks. Slight scallop for grip just behind the tip. SKM 'style' clicker mechanism. EZflow 9000 ink.

Didn't have enough meat left in the tip area to use a more gradual taper. Darn those OOPS with too large a drill & too deep.
Not sure if someone knocked off the Schmidt clicker design or vice-versa.

StickWithInkWeb2.jpg

magpens

Neat idea ! ! ! . . . I like it very much ! ! !

The clicker mech that you show . . . did you actually enclose an identical clicker mechanism inside your pen ?

That mechanism is very similar to, but a little different from, the Schmidt SKM-88 mechanism that we see quite often in newer pen kits.
One of those kits is the "Blade" from, Berea, which you are probably well aware of :

Here's a pic of the SKM-88 which I include for comparison :-
1675206247331.png

The mechanism that you show probably has a different Schmidt part number but I am not familiar with it.

Last edited:

rixstix

Neat idea ! ! ! . . . I like it very much ! ! !

The clicker mech that you show . . . did you actually enclose an identical clicker mechanism inside your pen ?

That mechanism is very similar to, but a little different from, the Schmidt SKM-88 mechanism that we see quite often in newer pen kits.
One of those kits is the "Blade" from, Berea, which you are probably well aware of :

Here's a pic of the SKM-88 which I include for comparison :-
View attachment 348215
The mechanism that you show probably has a different Schmidt part number but I am not familiar with it.
Hi Mal,
Yes, the brass one pictured is in the pen.

I showed the pic mainly for the channel cuts & ball bearing being close, if not identical to Schmidt. I have a handfull of black & stainless skm-88 & wish I could get more gold plated. This one was advertised as "not Schmidt"; thus my comment about which came 1st & which is a copy?

magpens

Hi Mal,
Yes, the brass one pictured is in the pen.

I showed the pic mainly for the channel cuts & ball bearing being close, if not identical to Schmidt. I have a handfull of black & stainless skm-88 & wish I could get more gold plated. This one was advertised as "not Schmidt"; thus my comment about which came 1st & which is a copy?

Thanks for your reply, Rick.

I was not aware that such non-Schmidt mechanisms like that are being supplied in some kits that are on the market.
I'll have to do some research to track them down. Would be nice if they are available for purchase like the SKM-88 units are.
They could be handy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom