SteveG wins: "Binderized" pen from co-founder, Scott!! Thank you, Steve!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
How's that for a "pedigree"!!!

You know that Richard Binder has a months-long waiting list and charges almost $100 to tune a nib!!

If you know fountain pens, you know Richard Binder is THE world expert on nib tuning!! Scott arranged to have this pen "tuned" by the best. So, if you purchase it, you get to experience the smooth flow AND you can get out your 20X loupe to see what a "nearly perfect" nib looks like.

IF you do shows, carry it with you, just as a "credibility piece"---you MUST know something about nibs, if you have a "Binderized" pen!!!

I recognize this as a Parker pen, but I am hoping we will hear more from Scott!!

This will close Saturday, at 7 PM EASTERN

After Jeff posted it is a Parker 51 (I have heard lots about these at pen shows), I found this site that gives good info: Parker 51

AND it has an "assembly drawing" of the pen.

Attachments

• Parker-1.jpg
    Parker-1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Parker-2.jpg
    Parker-2.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Parker-3.jpg
    Parker-3.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Here's what Scott's letter said about this pen:

The Parker 51 is one of the most iconic pens in the classic fountain pen era. This P51 is the rare chocolate color with a gold-filled cap. It was made in the 1940's. I bought this pen from Richard Binder, who refurbished it and ground the nib to a stub for me. It is a wonderful pen and should be a nice addition to someone's pen collection.

Thank you, Scott, for another beauty!

Last edited:

longbeard

$100
Get it started right. :wink:

I know it won't hold, but ya never know. :biggrin:

Harry

Last edited:

stonepecker

Twelve $10's

Jeff ??? Just a question? How is this pen filled and with what 'type' of ink would work the best with it?

Last edited:

Scott

If you went to that link, then you will understand when I tell you this is an Aerometric filler version of the P51. You unscrew the barrel from the nib section, there is a bar you press, deflating a sac. Place the nib in the ink, and release the bar, and it draws ink into the pen.

This pen should work well with most any available fountain pen ink. Be sure it is fountain pen ink, and not one of the art inks. If you want to stay true to form, you would use Parker Quink ink. But personally, I would choose one of the rich brown inks on the market.

There is no box with this pen. That's how I got it. I did provide a nice protective tube for shipping it. It is a smooth writer, with a nice medium stub nib. I bought this pen from Richard Binder, who refurbished the pen, and ground the stub for me.

Scott.

Scott

Today is the last day for this auction! Support the IAP and get a classic pen while you're at it! What could be better?

Scott.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I've SEEN a Binderized nib,
but never owned one---

Do you have one, Roy?
(you don't have to answer,
if you don't want to )

elkhorn

Steve, congratulations. But PLEASE, do not try to write on the outside of the coconut with that pen!

Top Bottom