Steebar?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dvoigt

Has anyone every used this company? I emailed them and asked a question, but never got a response back, but in I ordered something, and recieved confirmation. I then asked another question, but got no response. I then did a quick little web search and found ALOT of complaints about them and people being charged and never getting there order and stuggling to get a refund.

Anyone know anything about them or at least have a positive experience in the last few years?

Thanks
Derek

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
I ordered some stuff awhile back, took a long time with no communication but I did receive the order. Good products, good pricing, lousy service. Good luck, hope it works out.

Dvoigt

Awesome... the 1 time I don't research a company that I buy from....

Should I try to cancel my order now, or give it a week?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
The above was the first successful delivery of product I have ever heard of from them. Check my Join Date to the left. This was the FIRST successful delivery I have ever heard of.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
Actually, a few years ago I was getting some orders from them. I quit giving them my business because I'd rather go to vendors I know from this group such as WoodnWhimsies.com. I hadn't had problems with them, personally. I just would rather deal with IAP friends when possible.

RAdams

Banned
I also contacted them a long time ago trying to get info about ordering and got no response. That was enough for me to stay away. If they are too busy to answer a simple question or two...

mtgrizzly52

NO NO NO NO!!!! - Now I'll really tell you how I feel! ...What everybody else said, to include, they charge your card immediately upon getting the order and the cc number. In order to get them out of your life, you need to go to your credit card company, and stop payment on the order. Otherwise you have sweetened their pockets, screwed up your bottom line, and NEVER receive products that were ordered!

Rick(mtgrizzly52)

johnnycnc

I wrote steebar off my list a few years ago after they sent
mismatched clock insets (same product #, but different appearance).
It looks like they scraped around the bottom of the barrel to fill my order.
Also scratched goods, and no communication.:frown:

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
I personally have dealt with them and would never give them a dime again. I would also like to meet them in person to really let them know how I feel about them.:beat-up:

Texatdurango

Boy oh boy, if it weren't for Steebar who would we use to take such delight in starting a dog pile?

I ordered from them two years ago and got my goodies just fine so have no horror story of my own to share but based on the dog pile threads since then, I have decided to not press my luck again.

While amusing and make for a good dog pile, I think some of the posts get carried away and are beneath the dignity of the forum membership! :eek:

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Boy oh boy, if it weren't for Steebar who would we use to take such delight in starting a dog pile?

I ordered from them two years ago and got my goodies just fine so have no horror story of my own to share but based on the dog pile threads since then, I have decided to not press my luck again.

While amusing and make for a good dog pile, I think some of the posts get carried away and are beneath the dignity of the forum membership! :eek:

I guess it all depends on who is making the aggressive post for you George.

An example of a dignified post:

"Mini Review", hardly, I see your post as more of a rant than a review as it simply sounds like the kit "ate your lunch" but rather than admit the kit was more than you could handle, you blamed IT for your inability and labeled it as a total disaster unworthy of anyone trying. In my opinion, the kit doesn't deserve the bashing it's getting.

Last edited:

Texatdurango

I guess it all depends on who is making the aggressive post for you George.

An example of a dignified post:

"Mini Review", hardly, I see your post as more of a rant than a review as it simply sounds like the kit "ate your lunch" but rather than admit the kit was more than you could handle, you blamed IT for your inability and labeled it as a total disaster unworthy of anyone trying. In my opinion, the kit doesn't deserve the bashing it's getting.

William, Nice try but not very appropriate! Aggressive post... where the hell did that come from?

My reply to a post in another thread has NOTHING to do with the dog pile going on here that I simply made an ovservation of!

THIS thread is a dog pile, the other thread is a difference of opinions. The last I looked at the rules, voicing my opinion and disagreeing with someones viewpoint is still allowed and totally acceptable and I see nothing wrong with disagreeing.

But who am I to disagree with an officer of the forum.... you're right, Steebar sucks........ happy now, I fell in step with everyone else!

Top Bottom