Steebar Woes !!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

weaverslodge

Hi guys,

UK based member. I've just been reading all about Steebar and it's been very interesting. It's just a pity that I didn't read it before I ordered from them. :-(

I placed an order about 4 weeks ago and to be fair the order arrived very quickly (about 5 days - to the UK that's not bad). When I opened it though I noticed that there were a few things wrong. I'd ordered 10 stabalised blanks (5 different varieties, 2 of each) and I got all 10 however, 3 of them were not even in the ones that I ordered and 1 was an extra of one of the others in the order. So out of 10 blanks they only managed to get 60% right.

I have now mailed them three times explaining the problem and have got nothing back at all, not even an acknowledgement of the email.

I guess from reading the posts here that seems to be par for the course with Steebar. I guess I just chalk this down to stupidity :)

Cheers

Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Bear in mind that rectifying International problems is difficult, because of the cost of shipping. Try proposing a solution to them---particularly one that requires no product movement---they may be more responsive.

OR not, but at least you gave it "the ol college try"!!!

tack

Hey Dave,

Tony is right, a lot of us have been burned. My first pen supplies order was from them a couple of years ago and sure enough, the order came in but a few items were shorted. I tried emailing support, sales, calling them, etc. Then like the Einstein I am, I checked bbb.org and saw the laundry list of complaints and the F rating. Yep talk about doing things in reverse. Anyway, I would at least suggest after you bang your head on the wall a few more times, you put in a complaint with the BBB to keep the list alive for future generations. The complaint that I registered basically said that I didn't need them to take action.

keithkarl2007

Man I hope you didn't see them through the woodturning mag. I reported on them in the Woodworkers Institute forum warning of their reputation and some readers would be caught out. I can't locate the thread right now but if it was the advert in the mag that sparked your interest I would express my disappointment with GMC the mag editors, who I told to remove the advert.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Payment

Hi guys,

UK based member. I've just been reading all about Steebar and it's been very interesting. It's just a pity that I didn't read it before I ordered from them. :-(

I placed an order about 4 weeks ago and to be fair the order arrived very quickly (about 5 days - to the UK that's not bad). When I opened it though I noticed that there were a few things wrong. I'd ordered 10 stabalised blanks (5 different varieties, 2 of each) and I got all 10 however, 3 of them were not even in the ones that I ordered and 1 was an extra of one of the others in the order. So out of 10 blanks they only managed to get 60% right.

I have now mailed them three times explaining the problem and have got nothing back at all, not even an acknowledgement of the email.

I guess from reading the posts here that seems to be par for the course with Steebar. I guess I just chalk this down to stupidity :)

Cheers

Dave
If you paid via paypal you have redress. Paypal is sympathetic to buyer complaints and will probably do something for you.

patsikes

I have placed one order with them and was missing several kits. They did finally ship the replacements but I had to phone them to do it...email was just ignored. And they were not very pleasant on the phone either....

weaverslodge

Hi guys,

Cheers

Dave
If you paid via paypal you have redress. Paypal is sympathetic to buyer complaints and will probably do something for you.

Yes I would have paid that way - I didn't think of that.

One comment above suggested that I give them a alternate suggestion to rectify the issue. To be honest I'm not against that idea and my first mail basically said let me know how you want to handle this so I was in no way demanding refunds or anything like that. But negociating an approach to fixing the problem requires two way dialog and the dialog is only going one way because they ignore my mails.

Whilst I'm sympathetic to any mail order business regarding the shipping costs and in particular the overseas costs. At the end of the day if they did their job correctly and had some form of quality control on their shipping process then they would not balls up the order in the first place and they would not have to worry about additional shipping costs because there wouldn't be any.

Cheers

Dave

Top Bottom