Steak (Stake) wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wolf creek knives

While our new home is being built my wife and I visit the site several times a week. On one of our visits they had staked out the foundation corners and they must have used two bundles or more of the wood stakes. As the excavator began digging for the basement I noticed all these stakes were in all the piles of dirt. So I got this idea to pick up as many as possible for pens and knives. So here's the pens I made for the build Superintendent, Architect and the Office Manager who sets everything up. There's 3 Dura Click EDC's in Aluminum and on the far right a Cosmopolitan done in brushed Gold for my wife. I'm assuming the stakes are made from some kind of pine or other soft wood. It turned very quickly, like less than a minute per pen, and took a finish nicely (WOP and Renaissance wax). Sanding was also a breeze. Thanks for looking.

Stake wood.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Looks like some kind of pine to me. You did a really nice job turning and finishing these Tom.
They'll be nice keepsakes from your new home.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Well done Tom. I like the Cosmo, looks interesting and new to me. These will be well appreciated.

Happy wishes for the new home. My wife and I are 'needing' to do this, but fearful we will not be as happy as where we are at.

Be well!

Well done Tom. I like the Cosmo, looks interesting and new to me. These will be well appreciated.

Happy wishes for the new home. My wife and I are 'needing' to do this, but fearful we will not be as happy as where we are at.

Be well!

Thanks Mark. My wife and I didn't plan to move for about another 10 years. We love our little cabin in the woods but with some minor medical issues and the Doc's telling me no more chain saw work it kind of sealed our fate. Plus it will give me a chance to get both knee's replaced sooner than expected and probably some work done on my back. Time will tell. Thanks for your compliments.

TDahl

There is always something special about receiving a beautiful pen where the blank has some kind of history or story behind it. I am sure these pens will be very much appreciated. Very well done!

Top Bottom